Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for options of mounting a pair of driving lights, under the front cowl on my 2015 V1000LT. I‘ve looked at the Denali mounts from Twisted Throttle, but can’t find out if they mount to the cowl or the forks.

Does anyone else make a similar mounting bar? I already have aux lights mounted on the crash bar, but want some lights mounted higher.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
694 Posts
Im not sure about the 1000 but on the 650 I attached a bracket to the tubular frame cross-over under the cowling. Worked good. I wouldn't attach lights to the forks because of the bouncing around.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I wouldn't attach lights to the forks because of the bouncing around.
I have my aux lights mounted on my forks and they are super smooth when riding. I did mount them on the upper part of the forks, just below the lower tripple tree.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that’s what I was looking for. I have aux light on my other two bikes, but I’ve made my own mounts. I guess I’ll purchase the Denali mounts, as the mounting points on the Versys would be harder to design something for. Who knows? I may pull the cowls and see what it involves. I’m a retired machinist and have a welder and drill press and plenty of time before Spring gets here.

·
Registered
2017 V1K
67 Posts
I was a tool and die maker in my youth, before I left the craft to do other things. That was forty years ago and I still miss having access to a shop full of machine tools😕

·
Super Moderator
19,918 Posts
I have SW-Motech "crash-bars" on my Gen 3, and I fabbed-up mounts for DENALI lights that attach to the FORWARD mounting bolt on each side.

IMG_0665 copy by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_0372 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mama Kaw lights. Expensive but I feel they look and work great.
They look good, but does the light output match the price. Here’s the lights on my other two bikes. “Just like daylight.....only brighter”

The Wing also has lower cowl fog lights and the Vstrom has fork mounted fogs.

BC78B59D-E04B-4FA5-BFF0-BF51E18B15C6.jpeg
D7FA8AD1-0E6C-438F-87F0-01259021AE2B.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made a mount for Denali D2's for my 650. The mount wasn't too difficult but I made a project out of the wiring. The D2 wiring harness is set up to run from the battery and I hooked up to the fog lamp connector under the cowl. The wire harness would fit under the cowl but was jambed up too much for my tastes. I shortened the harness up so it fits much cleaner. Still use the D2 bright/dim feature.
Guess I should have washed the bike before pics.

DSCN0763.JPG DSCN0764.JPG

·
Registered
585 Posts
Mama Kaw lights. Expensive but I feel they look and work great.
I have to disagree. kiwi lights are crap. they do not even work as DRL. I let my friend ride behind me, and could hardly see them. I just threw them out
dm denali.jpg
into a bin and installed Denali ones, using the OEM bracket and wiring. I fitted small but very good as DRL DM denali. I found that using yellow lenses is great for visibility and less annoying for others. As the main Axillary lights I fitted all powerful Denali D7. I just attached them to SW Motech crash bar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts