Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this elsewhere but being a Kiwi I'm sure my Aust cousins will enjoy this and may anyone else around the world that may know about how we love to poke fun at each other country.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
May have to explain to some of you around the world as there is a bit of truth in the vid as a few years ago a deal fell through on buying F16's from the states and we have now totally disbanded our fighter jets so there is no force left in the air force haha. was in NZ army in 86 and was using old SLR rifles and riding around in old RL Bedford trucks and a lot of down sizing since then. The only force that is truly have any offensive capabilities is our SAS but that is all secret squirrel stuff.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Lmao good one, Last I saw of your air force was at an air show I think it was 4 x A4's doing inverted refueling. Don't think they went back home.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Some Americans wonder if there is reason to question those Canadians to our north, what, with 90% of their population within 100 miles of the border with the US. Seems like they're massing their forces for an invasion.

Or maybe it's just that hockey season is starting in a few weeks.

·
Banned
895 Posts
Some people in the USA will have trouble seeing the humour in those mock adverts mate........................I think they were fkin hilarious!!!:thumb::funnypost:

·
Premium Member
16,108 Posts
Middle Earth is ready to rumble....

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Some Americans wonder if there is reason to question those Canadians to our north, what, with 90% of their population within 100 miles of the border with the US. Seems like they're massing their forces for an invasion.
Don't worry Bones, we'd never invade the US. Here's why: :topsecret:Your military is so big, we'd just never be able to house that many POWs.:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haven't seen these clips in a while. I remember 'Live and Sweaty' (late night comedy program in the 1980's) doing a song for the Olympics years ago

Sorry guys there are a lot of running jokes in the clip btw Aust and NZ that might be hard to understand.

·
Registered
391 Posts
How did this get leaked, our SAS in disguise, during a training exercise.
The Aussies are good at claiming our best, as theirs, Phar Lap, Pavlova, pineaple lumps, Russell Crowe to name a few. The other morning the possible new Australian treasurer even offered to swap his countries GDP for our All Black captain, Ritche McCaw. Australia even has more sheep than New Zealand. Still great inter country rivalry, best you can get. Great place, great people, love them to bits, next to New Zealand.

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
Some Americans wonder if there is reason to question those Canadians to our north, what, with 90% of their population within 100 miles of the border with the US. Seems like they're massing their forces for an invasion....
Yup - BEWARE of all TWELVE of our military soldiers...!

:rolleyes:

Don't worry Bones, we'd never invade the US. Here's why: :topsecret:Your military is so big, we'd just never be able to house that many POWs.:)
Check out the US national anthem - it's MOSTLY about the time we invaded in the "War of 1812"....

:cool:

·
Banned
895 Posts
Sorry guys there are a lot of running jokes in the clip btw Aust and NZ that might be hard to understand.
lt's not too hard to pick up on, maybe some of the Ham Shanks (Yanks) will have a problem getting their heads around it, because to many of them the World is still flat & ends in either California or New York!!!*;)

*sits back & waits for my deportation papers!!!:D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Check out the US national anthem - it's MOSTLY about the time we invaded in the "War of 1812"....
I will point out that I doubt there were too many Canadians on the ships that (ineffectually) bombarded Fort McHenry. In the end, the two sides shot at each other as much as they could (in a sense) and the battle was a draw. Most of the defenders of Fort McHenry spent the battle behind the fort as the inaccurate rockets fell around them.

I am not sure I would have chosen that battle to model our anthem, yet it works out pretty well. There is the whole fireworks thing.

Anymore I find that the "rockets red glare" will lead to the "blinding flash of light."

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
:funnypost: Absolutely hilarious! As a retired USAF weenie, I'd be happy to volunteer to be your first POW - Prince Edward Island if you don't mind. Oh, and I'd like to bring my Versys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts