Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This forum is pretty awesome. I'm learning a lot as I lurk in the shadows.

I am in the market for a Versys, but Austin, TX and the surrounding areas have been slim pickings. I frequent Craig's and CY trade daily and keep coming up short. The few listing I have seen makes me think the sellers never looked at KBB or NADA before listing the asking price.

I hope to get a 09/10 V, but I'm not getting taken to the cleaners on the deal.

I could be off, but I don't think it's reasonable to believe you can recover full value on modifications for a bike. I figure the accessories are used the moment they are put on the bike. I'd rather a seller take them off and return the V to stock before paying $1000 or $1500 more than what the V is worth.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, and if you are selling a bike that has modifications it is better to take them off and sell them seperately as the seller will make more money and agree with you if you buy a bike with modifications the owner can't expect to get his full money back spent on mods.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
:welcome: Yeah, most people on CL are crazy with pricing, probably because they know anybody with knowledge is going to come see the bike and make a reasonable offer anyway.

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Broaden your search! I bought my V a month and a half ago. I had to drive 300 miles each way (Tampa, FL) to get the bike/condition/price I wanted. Well worth it. I got an immaculate 09 and met another avid rider in the process. Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought a brand new 2011 V at a good price but I had to drive to Cocoa Fl from Tampa, Fl to get it. It was well worth the drive over and ride back as I got the 2011 V for what the local guys wanted for a brand new 2009 V. Plus I got to ride 2.5 hours back on my new V. That is a heck of a ride for the first time on my V.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you try to check the dealership on Honda Austin TX? This is an awesome one! They'll give you a fantastic deal on the price. The dealership made sure that every little thing that you needed in your car are included. Furthermore, you'd feel very pleased with the additional attributes that were included.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts