Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day, I'm waiting for a '2012' model due next month. Looking at the brochure the changes are basically minor cosmetic updates from the current model. Here in Oz we get a choice between black or black, so there's one decision I wont have to make. I'm working through the luggage options now...

Not only am i new to the Versys but I'm also about to become a first time bike owner, so it is going to be very interesting!

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome Mate and G'day. Black is nice on the Versys. I had no choice too when I got my 2011 V, but later on, red became available. It would be a tough choice.

The first thing I'll change out is the brake hose to a stainless steel braided hose. Improves the braking tremendously. But it could get you in trouble too if you hit it too hard.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
G'day, I'm waiting for a '2012' model due next month. Looking at the brochure the changes are basically minor cosmetic updates from the current model. Here in Oz we get a choice between black or black, so there's one decision I wont have to make. I'm working through the luggage options now...

Not only am i new to the Versys but I'm also about to become a first time bike owner, so it is going to be very interesting!
New for 2012
*Black main frame, swingarm and front forks with Metallic Spark Black color.

Looks awesome! :clap:

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/kawpublic_docs/spec_sheets/KLE650DCF.pdf

ABS is also standard...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Dav, I'm still waiting on delivery. It could be a few more weeks yet. In the meantime I have headed up to Coffs and am hoping to go for a trail ride on a friends new Suzuki D-RZ400 :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today was the big day. I went to the dealer to pick up my new bike. On arrival the dealer sat me down and said with a bleak look that he had some news.

Turns out that Kawasaki in Australia are about to do a Versys promotion starting Nov 1 in which they will be including colour coded Kawa panniers and rack in any Versys new purchases. So I was one week to early!

But there was good news, the dealer spoke to Kawa and they agreed to bend the rules just a little and I will still get the luggage set-up at no extra cost!

Now that is the way to develop customer loyalty!

A mate rode the bike home for me and I had to dash straight back to work so I still haven't turned a wheel myself. Tonight though!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Prior to the pick-up I had only ridden around a car park at 25kmh in 2nd gear at the pre-learners so i thought it wise to skip out on dealing with Alexandria traffic chaos until I have a bit more practice under my belt. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just had a call from the dealer and found out that along with the Givi panniers and rack, Kawasaki are also throwing a high windscreen and tank protector into their promotional deal! The downside is that it doesn't include fitting. Boo hoo :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts