Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM gonna order these today unless somebody tells me they wont fit :)

"Pro Taper SE Series 7/8" Standard Handlebars - ATV High/Jet Black"

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's exactly what I bought. They fit fine on my bike, position is similar to stock just a bit wider. The only catch is you either need to file off the plastic pins in the control pods or drill holes in the bars for them. If you file the pins off you'll need electrical tape to secure the pods. I took the bar off again because it provided no change in the vibration characteristics. However as they don't have nuts welded on the end I may put them back on again with a bar snake someday when I have money again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap, vibration was the whole point of getting them... How are some people getting relief from vibrations with aluminum bars? Or have I been mis-reading the posts?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a 2011 and have no problem at all with vibration anywhere pegs or handlebars. From what I've read it seems it was a pre-2010 problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grip puppies were on my list, but I was going to start with bars 1st. Hmm, back to searching posts. Perhaps the speedys riser+puppies...

V-coaster, mine is an '09. And the vibes never really bothered me until I started taking full day trips in west Texas. Maybe its the high speeds, I dunno. But my right hand was numb for a day after my last ride... Plus i wouldnt mind being able to use my left side mirror now and then.

·
Registered
665 Posts
+1 on Grip Puppies. A very inexpensive mod that has a high bang/buck ratio.

I did Pro Taper CR High bars on Rox 2" risers and that took a lot of the vibration out and the Grip Puppies tamed the majority of what was left. I put billet bar end mirrors on the end of my CR High's and that helped a bunch too...kind of like the bar ends on the stock bars do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah the Pro Tapers seem to be the way to go but I'd read some people had had luck with the 7/8ths aluminums and figured it was worth a gamble. And I take it back that it had no change. I remember now that the right grip was actually better but the left grip was even worse to the point where even 5 minutes on it would set my palm a tingling. I've got a new set of Oury grips sitting in their box, maybe I'll throw the bar back on and try again with those installed.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Grip puppies were on my list, but I was going to start with bars 1st. Hmm, back to searching posts. Perhaps the speedys riser+puppies...

V-coaster, mine is an '09. And the vibes never really bothered me until I started taking full day trips in west Texas. Maybe its the high speeds, I dunno. But my right hand was numb for a day after my last ride... Plus i wouldnt mind being able to use my left side mirror now and then.
Speedy has got anti Vib risers and has been posted somewhere here.:goodluck:

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts