Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I wear full gear whether I'm riding down the street or across the country.

A neighbor's friend who's an ICU nurse thanked me for wearing ATGATT. She said the riders she sees in ICU are typically there due to head injury from lack of a helmet or due to infection resulting from road rash. Gear is no guarantee, but it sure helps the odds.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My gear costs around as much as a ER visit copay. Easy choice for me.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I go a little further than most here. Won't ride without my Hit-Air vest. Considering all the safety-minded people here, I've been rather surprised that no one else uses a HitAir vest or jacket:
Deflated:

And (after .25 secs) Inflated:

I hope to never have to test it out, but I'm damn glad to have it. It sounds like Japanese Moto cops use these as well as a few other European agencies...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think you guys in traffic every day should wear something like that! Excellent idea! :thumb:
I used to ride with a black HitAir jacket, which was fine. I decided to move to the vest to A. give me more options for riding gear and B. for the hi viz.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that people cutting me off in traffic dropped overnight by 60% when I started rocking the hi viz vest. CRUCIAL here in NYC imho. :goodidea:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I go a little further than most here. Won't ride without my Hit-Air vest. Considering all the safety-minded people here, I've been rather surprised that no one else uses a HitAir vest or jacket:
Deflated:

And (after .25 secs) Inflated:

I hope to never have to test it out, but I'm damn glad to have it. It sounds like Japanese Moto cops use these as well as a few other European agencies...
How does it know to inflate?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
See the clip in the uninflated pic? That is attached to the C02 container behind that panel. That clip tethers you to the frame of the bike. If you're launched off the tether pulls a ball-pin which releases the gas. No, this doesn't happen if you forget you're tethered after parking and get off. It takes a full 65lbs of force to activate, and I've forgotten it a few times with nothing other than a tug on my chest to remind me. Once deployed the bags can be replaced and the cartridge as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts