Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a smoldering 95 degrees fahrenheit in Austin Texas and I was sweating like a pedophile on a playground. Stop and go traffic was brutal. :mad:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Air temp 95 degrees, pavement temp above 100 deg, cager engin temp 190 degrees with the AC on about 200 degrees, kinda sounds like a spring day in Texas, wait for august. I bet cha that the person who invented convection oven is a bike rider

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Ah, spring in Texas. It was 97 today in San Antonio. Yesterday was 99. Beat the 98 degree record for April 27th that was set in 1898! Can't wait for August. But wait - we'll be in Maine and it won't matter to us. :D

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Fortunately for me, as I leave work I am on the highway rolling 70 MPH within a half mile. Once I get off, I have about 2 miles home with only a couple of lights and they usually are green. Most days I am rolling from work to home so the heat does not get to me. Sittin still at the lights are brutal in the 90's+.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
191 Posts
You guys are so lucky to have some heat.......we woke up to 2 inches of snow again. Anyone want to join me in "I'm Dreaming of a white Christmas?" :(

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Oh man i just hate to talk about the brutal weather we have to put up with in Southern California...:D :teetertooter:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
It's a smoldering 95 degrees fahrenheit in Austin Texas and I was sweating like a pedophile on a playground. Stop and go traffic was brutal. :mad:
Free flowing mesh gear, a cooling vest maybe, and cool max type base layer will go a long ways toward comfort. Stop and go traffic in the heat is never that comfortable. Still using my heated gear here.

Thinking of picking up a cooling vest for the summer to wear under my mesh jacket. Anyone have one of these? I've read reviews from people who swear by them.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts