Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my new (09) Versys, and am looking at a slip on exhaust. I've narrowed it down to Arrow and Two Brothers Racing, I've been trying to hear the sounds on youtube and can't really tell the difference. I'm not looking for anything high pitch, more like a lower/deeper sound. Anyone with "in person" listening can comment on this?

I'm hoping that it's true that I don't to need tune the bike with the exhaust and can just simply replace it.

Thanks in advance folks!

Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, the majority of slip-on are going to all sound
very much alike.
Differences:
Carbon will give a slightly deeper tone than aluminum.
The major differences will be between the under the engine type
and the longer megaphone type, such as Hindle or Muzzy.
Arrow and TBR are going to sound very much the same.
In order to get an accurate sound clip, every one must be done
in the same fashion.
Microphone position, rpm, speed, environment, ect.
I always tell my customers to choose the one that looks best to them.
Only exception is Jardine. If you want a raspy POS, that's the correct choice.
I beleive TBR products are going on sale from my distributor beginning of November.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have the arrow slip on and like it very much. With the baffle in it sounds close to stock at idle but still has A nice raspy sound during acceleration. with the baffle out it is deeper and A bit louder. I usually keep the baffle in because I don't really want that loud of A pipe. There are some here that feel the tbr pipe is a bit to loud even with the baffle in, I can't comment on that as I don't have any experiance with the two brothers pipe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Denmark
I have got a 08 Versys and have replaced stock can with an Arrow oval black one.I just love it,not to laud but some lauder with a nice deep tone.The Arrow can has even made the bike much more harmonious at low/mid rpms.Here in europe all bikes now have got a O2 sensor and this was just mounted in the Arrow can,no PC or anything else.I dont know the Two Brothers can,but I can highly recommend the Arrow can.I will even go as far as to say you will not regret it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
IMHO the Arrow Black is beautiful in a minimalist way. I am sure the sound of this beauty is throaty and persuasive. I love my Leo Vince....another fine exhaust. But when I see the Arrow, I see a perfection on the Versys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cans?

I put on Two Bro's and everyone really likes the sound of it. Slip it on and your done. My bud put on an Arrow and he's pissed now as I leave him in the dust... every time.lol:goodidea:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info folks, I've never been on an international forum and really apprceciate the opinions and comments, helps me to make a good decision.

Have a great day!

Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Black Arrow looks super sharp and sounds great. With baffle, it keeps the decibel level almost stock but no longer sounds like a jetson's car (or sewing machine). Price and availability are also factors.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the info folks, I've never been on an international forum and really apprceciate the opinions and comments, helps me to make a good decision.

Have a great day!

Rob

I'll be happy to meet you and let you hear mine. With no baffle, its loud... YouTube only gives you a fraction. :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The Aluminum Arrow is $250. The TBR Aluminum is $350. Plus the Black Arrow looks Awesome

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just added the Arrow slip-on and love the sound with baffle out. Great deep tone at idle and not obnoxiously loud at speed on the highway. Short shifting levels are sweet to my ears. I don't feel like I have lost or gained anything HP, but I do intend on doing some fuel mapping later on.
I have also read great responses about the 2-Bros exhaust, but have not hear one on the Versys yet. Probably could not go wrong either way if your looking for a little more noise.

·
Registered
779 Posts
a baffled TBR is significantly louder than the Arrow without baffel. With baffel the Arrow is just louder than stock, but deeper and grumblier. Arrow quality is top notch, and it's cheaper. If you want loud, TBR is your better choice. They look nice as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the matte black Arrow and think it sounds terrible. I have to admit that I think most inline twins are going to sound bad no matter what. It seems to be the nature of the engine.
I wouldn't say the exhaust note is grumblier and deeper, just sort of poppy and sputtery like Daffy Duck.
I do like the looks of this can, though.
Inline Twin Triumphs sound awesome with aftermarket exhausts.:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Hello from Denmark
I have got a 08 Versys and have replaced stock can with an Arrow oval black one.I just love it,not to laud but some lauder with a nice deep tone.The Arrow can has even made the bike much more harmonious at low/mid rpms.Here in europe all bikes now have got a O2 sensor and this was just mounted in the Arrow can,no PC or anything else.I dont know the Two Brothers can,but I can highly recommend the Arrow can.I will even go as far as to say you will not regret it.
:welcome:fwveeboy6

...and to me its a personal choice which pipe is at the end. some go for sound other for look and some for no reason. Make your choice and enjoy your V by riding it.

Me will go Yoshi if the need be comes, otherwise stock is good enough.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just put on an Arrow Black Slip-on. It looks and sounds great. The only bad thing was the instructions. I had to mount the bracket that holds the strap 4 different times before I got it right. But it was worth it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts