Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an aftermarket exhaust and I came across a titanium arrow can on feebay. Looks to be in great shape. Buy it now for $250 or best offer. I offered 200 and he countered with $210. Trying to milk it I guess. These seem to be hard to find online, anyone know if this is actually a good deal? I've seen the aluminum cans new for $250 but not the titanium one.

Anybody have experience with these exhausts? I'm trying to get my versys to sound a little more aggressive! I don't really appreciate the sewing machine sound...
Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Looking for an aftermarket exhaust and I came across a titanium arrow can on feebay. Looks to be in great shape. Buy it now for $250 or best offer. I offered 200 and he countered with $210. Trying to milk it I guess. These seem to be hard to find online, anyone know if this is actually a good deal? I've seen the aluminum cans new for $250 but not the titanium one.

Anybody have experience with these exhausts? I'm trying to get my versys to sound a little more aggressive! I don't really appreciate the sewing machine sound...
Thanks

Take it at $210.00 unless the shipping is outrageous.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Is is Titanium or Titanium Look?

There is an Aluminium Finish that is Titanium Look. It has the colour and matt finish like Titanium.

It does sound like a good deal.

How Many Km has it done?
Some Zorts need to be repacked - i don't know if the Arrow ones do.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just looked at that exhaust. I'd be leary it's just the reg aluminum one. Arrows reg aluminum looks titanium. If that's the case, your over paying for a used exhaust when brand new they go for 258 free shipping. Plus you don't know how many miles are on that packing material. Maybe it started to have a rattle or sounded tinny as it's time to repack the exhaust. http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=836

·
Registered
237 Posts
Exactly! So why is it a $130 up-charge when buying new??
Because titanium is lighter. However, what some of us are saying, is that, how do you know that particular ebay sale is truly titanium. It won't be the first time an ebay description was mis-leading. The aluminum that arrow uses has a brushed titanium look. Maybe the buyer could be a second owner and really think it's titanium, who knows. Only you will when you receive the package and lift it. If it's truly titanium it might be a good deal. However, it is used and again you don't know the condition of the packing inside. Personally I would rather spend 30 bucks more and get a brand new aluminum one with fresh packing....That' me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
that is ABOSLUTELY not titanium. I have that exact can. It's not as deep and burly as I'd like, but it's got a beautiful growl, and its very apparent.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, i figured that it wasn't when I found a picture from a shop with all three types side-by-side. The carbon fiber and titanium have holes in the metal end pieces to show off the more expensive material.
I ended up not buying that one on ebay and got a two brothers from this forum. Should be here in a couple days!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts