Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about the Arrow Pipe and Exhaust kit or even have one on their V? I was thinking about ordering one soon.

If not, I guess you all will know by mid-month...:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got them on order and should arrive whithin the week. I'll try to get some pics up as soon as they're installed. :D

Oh...and I have a power commander on the V so it'll be tuned when installed too. Let you all know what's the outcome soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Hooligan,

You know if the K&N filter will be a good investment on the performance upgrade too?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
The Arrow is a nice quality exhaust system, and it sounds pretty smooth even without the included baffle: http://www.ipulse.co.uk/images/Arrow.wmv

How much are you paying for yours? It's available here for $565.95, and $235.95 for just the slip-on: http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/home.php?cat=30571 (IN USA)

K&N doesn't make an air filter yet for the V, but BMC (Italy) has a similar one... I got a foam Piper X filter make in UK. It is a bit of an improvement over stock, and fuel mileage did get better with all my mods combined. (Muzzy full exhaust system, Piper X filter, vacuum hose mod, 5 degree timing advance...)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey Hooligan,

You know if the K&N filter will be a good investment on the performance upgrade too?
If you change both you may need to invest in a power Commander to get the proper mixture. If you do get a filter, take a look at BMC as well as K&N.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The Arrow is a nice quality exhaust system, and it sounds pretty smooth even without the included baffle: http://www.ipulse.co.uk/images/Arrow.wmv

How much are you paying for yours? It's available here for $565.95, and $235.95 for just the slip-on: http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/home.php?cat=30571 (IN USA)

K&N doesn't make an air filter yet for the V, but BMC (Italy) has a similar one... I got a foam Piper X filter make in UK. It is a bit of an improvement over stock, and fuel mileage did get better with all my mods combined. (Muzzy full exhaust system, Piper X filter, vacuum hose mod, 5 degree timing advance...)
Is the Ninja 650 kit the same as the Versys kit? Nice find btw, that's much more in line with what I would expect a can to cost...

Luke

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have posted about this system on other threads but will chip in briefly.
I do have the Arrow full system and BMC filter combo on my V and it did NOT require a PCIII. The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well. Well worth the $ for it and in my personal opinion, cheap for what you get. :thumb:

Cheers

Frank

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Is the Ninja 650 kit the same as the Versys kit? Nice find btw, that's much more in line with what I would expect a can to cost...

Luke
Yes like i mentioned in the 'Exhaust systems' thread, it's the same application for mentioned Ninja 650R, displayed ER-6 and listed Versys.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have posted about this system on other threads but will chip in briefly.
I do have the Arrow full system and BMC filter combo on my V and it did NOT require a PCIII. The change of performance on the bike was outstanding and the fuel mileage as well. Well worth the $ for it and in my personal opinion, cheap for what you get. :thumb:

Cheers

Frank
So what's it sound like? The price is right, but I don't want full on super loud. The arrow pipe that came with my Husky was VERY quiet when it was new. It's blown out now but wouldn't take but 15 minutes to re-pack it. IMHO the workmanship of the Arrow cans (Husqvarna OEM) I've got are really nice.

Luke

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just a few thoughts, out loud/online, due to the location of the can on the V, I think Carbon would be a bad idea, due to stones etc. Even during light off-roading, it would be subject to being smashed or cracked. Anybody else have an opinion on CF for the V can? Just last week I did a small creek crossing and sure enough I wound up riding over a rock. I didn't bottom out, but if the rock was bigger, maybe it could have hit the can. I know from prior experience (but not with exhausts), CF doesn't hold up to off road abuse.

Luke

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys,

The pipes are in but the exhaust is not so i'll be waiting till the CF can arrives in at the begining of September so I can have it all installed in one day. The CF can is good for me since i'm not going to go off road with it too much and if I do i'll get a Ti one later down the line...

Thanks for the replys guys :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just a few thoughts, out loud/online, due to the location of the can on the V, I think Carbon would be a bad idea, due to stones etc. Even during light off-roading, it would be subject to being smashed or cracked. Anybody else have an opinion on CF for the V can? Just last week I did a small creek crossing and sure enough I wound up riding over a rock. I didn't bottom out, but if the rock was bigger, maybe it could have hit the can. I know from prior experience (but not with exhausts), CF doesn't hold up to off road abuse.

Luke
I went with an aluminum pipe for just that reason. On the other hand, CF is very easy to repair if it cracks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you checked TwinAir? Their site had a problem when I tried to check for you. Maybe it will be up when you check.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ordered the Aluminum slip-on last night from Indy Superbikes. Hopefully they're not back ordered (like it appears the CF cans are.) For $250 shipped this appears to be the best value in the aftermarket exhaust arena for the Versys (aside from the member here who's put a nice package together.) I've always liked Arrow, thought I'd give them a try this time around. Hopefully fairly tame - muted with the db killer insert in.

I'll post pics & reviews once I get'r done. :D

1 - 20 of 104 Posts