1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's a sweet deal. If i didn't already have one...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Been watching these for a while and the price is right ( and realistic, in my mind ). Only one left now. :)

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
All gone...thanks :D

Now.. how to tell the wife :confused:

take her shopping and spend about the same amount on her. she's like oh honey your so sweet. then when the pipe shows up it might be hard for her to be too cross with you. :goodluck:

I bought my versys 2 months before getting permission. Living between 2 different states and a third place out of the country has a big advantage in these situtations.:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
25 years ago.... I had this elder-ish hunting buddy who really showed me the ropes. I mean this guy was a GURU. I asked him one time about a spat I was having with my girlfriend at the time... Ya know, "what to do or say"?

He stops walking in this ravine we were in, looks me in the face, Browning over his shoulder and says, "well kid, she'll either get over it or die with a grudge -- It only hurts 'til the pain goes away."

I will never forget those words... So when all methods fail .... revert to the above :p

·
Registered
250 Posts
The wife typically doesn't enjoy the man-from-brown visits ( especially in the Spring, my problem time of the year ) but I figured this one this way : The only problem I have with this bike is the sound of the motor and spending a little over $200 for a chance to improve that is better than getting another ( add-on, not a replace ) v-twin bike for better sound is a tad more expensive than that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recently installed this very slip on (I ordered it from Pipe City, however). While at first I was riding without the baffle, I have since put it back in. Nevertheless, I'm in love with the new sound. My bike now sounds more like a "bike" rather than a sewing machine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my exhaust today ... That was friggin' FAST ! :clap:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DOH ! --- Ya win some - ya lose some :sorry:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will say, that the shipper name is actually "ARROW EXHAUST USA"

Out of Henderson, NV

Maybe he's an Official USA distributor. Typically these Distributors are few when it comes to imported motorcycle parts.

Mine was is a factory sealed box with arrow official tape ... Comes with a very nice quiet core that is held in with a big snap ring. The tip of the end cap is laser welded, and the unit is of very high quality... ain't no cheap junk.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I just ordered one too, and I ordered a 44 tooth superlite rear sprocket and I am going to pick up the Kawi MRA Vario windscreen (2010).....oh, and I ordered a Tourmaster heated vest and gloves so that I can start riding as soon as the roads are clear. I want spring to be here NOW!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I just ordered one too, and I ordered a 44 tooth superlite rear sprocket and I am going to pick up the Kawi MRA Vario windscreen (2010).....oh, and I ordered a Tourmaster heated vest and gloves so that I can start riding as soon as the roads are clear. I want spring to be here NOW!!!
where are you getting the vario kawi shield? and is it the old style or new style? I am looking at the old style, but can't find one

·
Registered
36 Posts
where are you getting the vario kawi shield? and is it the old style or new style? I am looking at the old style, but can't find one
It is the new style?? (unless there is one I haven't seen yet) for the 2010-11 with the adjustable lip on the top. I plan on ordering it at my favorite dealers open house the beginning of April. 20% off parts and accesories that day so I will wait until then.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is the new style?? (unless there is one I haven't seen yet) for the 2010-11 with the adjustable lip on the top. I plan on ordering it at my favorite dealers open house the beginning of April. 20% off parts and accesories that day so I will wait until then.
It will be the one that has sharp angles along the sides ... The new one is the straight cut main shield ... They both have the lip on top

·
Registered
36 Posts
It will be the one that has sharp angles along the sides ... The new one is the straight cut main shield ... They both have the lip on top
Went on Twisted Throttle today and saw what you are talking about. Wasn't aware that one came out but I think I like that style better. Looks wider at the bottom. Think I am going to try and get that one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Got mine yesterday, a delay in shipping due to SNOW. It looks really nice but I won't a chance to fit ( or use ) it until we loose the 3 feet of snow we got over the weekend :(

A fuzzy picture but it looks really nice, just hope it improves the sound as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts