Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for finding this!! I was looking for the exact same thing last night, but couldn't find it. Did you see the short write up in MotorCyclist "Doin' Time" as well on the '10 Black Versys ? The guy said it's a nice addition with the insert out.

Also, have you heard of any state inspection problems with installing an aftermarket pipe? I know each state varies, but there's one shop here in NH that has a sign out front that states "aftermarket pipes = instant failure"... which I think is ridiculous!

Phil:thanx:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's to cut down on annoyance from squids and Harley RUBs, Phil.

Anyone know a coupon code, before I pull the trigger?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Anyone know a decent retailer for the Arrow Dark? (Not including the one on ebay for 350 Euro)

Don't see much sense in buying the silver one, just to paint it and remove the badge.

Thanks

EDIT:
Nevermind! Found it.
http://http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/A650BLK/ProductID/478416
I was goin to post that link. They are who i bought mine from last year. Ordered the Slip-on and received the full system even:yeahsmile:

Did you end up ordering the pipe ? If so, when you install it, let us know your thoughts!

Phil
:usa:
I have the dark arrow on my V, and love it. There is not really any difference in the performance of the pipes as slip-ons, and I didn't feel like getting a fuel controller as well. I went with the Arrow because it looks great, sounds way better than stock with out being obnoxious, and the price was right. I paid $250 middle of last summer.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Also, have you heard of any state inspection problems with installing an aftermarket pipe? I know each state varies, but there's one shop here in NH that has a sign out front that states "aftermarket pipes = instant failure"... which I think is ridiculous!

Phil:thanx:
You do realize that most states do not allow you to modify the exhaust at all right? So by law you add the pipe you should fail. State regs. list what DB's are allowed by a exhaust and almost every pipe exceeds these #'s. When you buy a pipe it says on it that is for "Off-road Use Only".

·
Registered
26 Posts
You do realize that most states do not allow you to modify the exhaust at all right? So by law you add the pipe you should fail. State regs. list what DB's are allowed by a exhaust and almost every pipe exceeds these #'s. When you buy a pipe it says on it that is for "Off-road Use Only".
Yeah, I figured that was case in most states.. just seems crazy to me. I get tired of all these regulations sometimes, which I believe can go too far quickly.

Phil

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Ok, back to me...

How long did the shipping take?

Trying to figure out a good use for the stocker. Thinking of smelting the titanium out of it.
http://mackys.livejournal.com/707702.html
It arrived in less than a week when I ordered. As far as the stocker. I saved mine, in case I ever move to a place that will not inspect a non-stock exhaust. I can swap it out in 20 minutes if needed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe in the meantime, I'll order a smaller rear sprocket so it doesn't rub my Touances.
Heard the clearance is only a millimeter or two, even with stock tires.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have an Arrow Dark with insert ... Brand new in the box ... $ 230 + S/H

1 - 12 of 12 Posts