Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight a truck decided to run through barriers around one of our water bores that supply water to three of our demineralised plants, these plants supply water to site boiler as make up water as demin water is very pure and for high pressure boilers we need good water, the effect of shattering pipe was to shut down two bores that are connected, turn off all demin plants and hope the water is silo will hold until repair can be made which was acheived.

Had to feel sorry for truck driver as he had to be drug tested and has a automatic stand down from his job for two weeks.

·
Banned
895 Posts
I didn't realize that NZ was so strict on truck driver accidents!:eek:

There'd be no trucks on the road over here if they drug tested truck drivers coz they're all on speed/Met amphetamine so they can do the long mileages to get their wages higher!:thumbdown:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not so much NZ being strict more the fact the company I work for Fonterra is NZ biggest company and H & S is huge, The problem I beleive he had just unloaded product and there was a couple more trucks waiting to get int loading bay so he pulled forward a bit and then stopped while he waited for the air to adjust his seat then took off again and because of the type of truck with limited visabilty low down direct in front he must of forgot the bore was there and he gave it a good push.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts