Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been lurking on this forum for the last couple months as I shopped for a motorcycle and this forum helped me decide on a new 2012 Versys. I have about 1300 miles on the bike now and decided I should go ahead and join this forum to become a little more active in the community. So far, I love this bike. It has been nothing short of fantastic. I can really understand why this bike is so popular among its owners and it even gets looks from other genres of bikers. anyways, obligatory photo...

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I live in Conway, I have seen a few Versys around Central area.I have an 08 with a few mods that most people make. I believe you will like the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. I have inlaws in Fayetteville so I'm up that way all the time. I fact I'm looking for property in the Lake Fort Smith area as I love it up there.
I rode up old 71 from alma to rogers yesterday, its such a nice ride up the by the lake... I enjoyed Mt. Magazine as well.
Im from Cleburne Texas originally and the hills around here smoke anything from my old stomping grounds.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, I have been lurking on this forum for the last couple months as I shopped for a motorcycle and this forum helped me decide on a new 2012 Versys. I have about 1300 miles on the bike now and decided I should go ahead and join this forum to become a little more active in the community. So far, I love this bike. It has been nothing short of fantastic. I can really understand why this bike is so popular among its owners and it even gets looks from other genres of bikers. anyways, obligatory photo...

Welcome, I think I am the only V rider in South Arkansas. I feel like the lone Cowboy on the range. If you are down South LA, give me a hollar...

·
Registered
70 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I really like the black swingarm on the 2012 model. My black 2011 has a grey swingarm. I am really tempted to take it off and have it painted black.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Welcome to the forum. I really like the black swingarm on the 2012 model. My black 2011 has a grey swingarm. I am really tempted to take it off and have it painted black.
I really liked that about this bike as well. It seems like 98 percent of this bike is black, and what isnt black just accentuates the blackness... I have received a lot of compliments around town on the bike. :thanx:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went on a little ride yesterday, went out to Paris and dropped down over Mt. Magazine to hwy. 10. Jogged east and hit hwy 7 south down to Hot Springs. Then took 270 west to 71 and back to the Fort. It was a nice day for a ride. Great weather and lots of other motorcyclists on the road. I love riding through the twists in the Ouachita National Forest. and another pic...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just thought I would post an update here, turned over 6k miles. Switched to Michelin PR3s at about 5k, and I am now waiting on a 38L Trax topcase to arrive. Updates and upgrades include -

44T Supersprox Rear Sprocket
Kawasaki Hand guards
RAM Mount X-Grip for iPhone
A steel security cable I built to be able to lock the tank bag to the bike
The new Kawasaki Versys Tank Bag
T-Rex Frame Sliders
Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator
A dual USB Port Module mounted to the handlebar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts