Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new job and the plan is to leave tomorrow morning around 6am. I'm only taking the V, and its supposed to be nice and nasty hot. Got my cooling vest, cap, and hope to cover some ground before it gets too hot. I'm cutting the trip in half, hopefully staying around the Tail of the Dragon, and will be riding it the next morning, then the Blue Ridge Parkway on up towards MD.

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congrats on the new job, that would be exciting. Nothing like having a feeling of purpose and a ride destination all rolled into one.

Never been down to the dragon, although I was married to one for over 20 years. :surprise:

Sorry about the heat..... it sucks up here this week too. First sign of relief maybe on Sunday.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its been some days but I'm a little settled in. The ride was great, and long. Took two days and 3 hours to get here, got poured on 4 times, once for an hour. I checked into my hotel saturated.

Rode through Deals Gap and bought a shirt and hoodie. Got my picture taken by one of the guys, and continued on through to Cherokee and got on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Spent 4 hours or so on the parkway grabbing nice pics and some great views and fun riding and decided I wasn't making forward progress on arriving at my destination, so I jumped off and super slabbed it the rest of the way.

Great trip! Wish I had more time. But now I'm soaking up new job stuff being green!

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
How did the side cases do in the rain? Mine do okay until it rains hard and then they seem to dribble a bit.

So, will they move your stuff permanently to Merry-Land? And, do you have a house to sell or lease on Lake Hamilton?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did the side cases do in the rain? Mine do okay until it rains hard and then they seem to dribble a bit.

So, will they move your stuff permanently to Merry-Land? And, do you have a house to sell or lease on Lake Hamilton?
One of the cases did just that, I had a small amount get in. I had one small damp area on some clothing in that bag. Since it was just one of two, I had wondered if I had a shirt or something pinched by the seal.

Nope its just me. We do own a home, but the wife and I are playing that by ear. She is still there, we have a 6mo to year plan as far as moving moving. I'm going to get settled in first. So its me, clothes, and the V for now :wink2:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow, Big Brother really watches. I asked about a place on Lake Hamilton and the next morning I get sidebar ads for condos on the lake.

Your V is like mine other than my cases have a black stripe instead of the white strip. The handguards are really worth it!

Nice pictures. It looks like you had a nice ride. I'm not sure I could do it without an Airhawk seat. Hope all turns out well.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
How did the side cases do in the rain? Mine do okay until it rains hard and then they seem to dribble a bit....
On my "Dust 2 Dawson" ride, MANY rainy days, and as far as I remember - NO water got into either bag - but I always put my clothes into a waterproof 'stuff-sack', (or a 'garbage-bag') as insurance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts