Super Moderator
20,919 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts
IF we were gonna meet for a lunch and a visit, I think I'd suggest the "River Bottom Bar and Grill" in Florence, and NOT because I live a few miles away. River Bottom Bar & Grill - Home It's pretty much central to Tucson and Phoenix, good riding both directions, and the menu is pretty good. Another place that could 'fill-the-bill' is the "San Tan Flat Steakhouse" in Queen Creek. san-tan-flat

I meet some Tucson riders (Chuck = cjcintucson = and a couple of buddies) at the River Bottom, and go to San Tan Flat at least once a month.

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts
How about working on a date? Either of Ed's suggestions, who can/wants to do a weekday or a weekend?

I suggest 16th or 17th - any takers?

Certainly open to other dates/times.

Ed - can you take the lead on a ride from there?
Weekend works better for me, I work a 9-5 mon-fri.
I'm pretty sure I can do that Saturday. I'd love to do some light off road trails or dirt roads to test these new tires if possible.
MY calendar is 'open' both dates, so, if you plan the 17th (Saturday) - we could meet at the RiverBottom around 1100, have lunch, then (for those that are willing to do a short bit of 'dirt', say 10 miles...), we could replicate the ride I posted to the Ray Mine. For the Phoenix guys - at the Florence Junction on 60 you'd continue W on 60 to home, while the Tucson boys follow me S on 79 towards Florence from the Florence Junction.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/3-member-rides/118418-riding-ray-mine-az.html

As long as it has NOT rained just before (in which case I WILL NOT ride the MUD [dirt road]...), IMHO it's NOT a tough road to ride, even on street rubber.

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts
DRAT!! I will be in Show Low the 16-18, probably freezing my butt off. Sorry I have to miss it, hope to see you the next time. Chuck
"DRAT!! I will be in Show Low the 16-18, probably freezing my SORRY butt off...." See, Chuck, NOW it's properly written, w/ words in the RIGHT order....

:yeahsmile:

:stickpoke:

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts
As this "meet" is set for Saturday (17th Dec) at 1130 - anyone else IN...?

·
Super Moderator
20,919 Posts
Lol well said! Yes Eddie doesn't play around when it comes to giving his name legitimacy....
NO idea what he means by that...!

:rolleyes:

...I did however take a bit for me to warm up!
Hell Joey - I BET you're STILL frozen...!:stickpoke:

...I did pop it up for a tiny bit when no one was around....
YUP - looked into my mirrors at one point on 288 to see the BOTTOM of his engine....

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts