Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 650r with a two brothers exhaust. It is loud and obnoxious.

Seeing as our bikes have the same motor basically with a different cam profile, I would like to avoid this, and honestly most of the videos I've seen online, most all of the exhausts sound this way (a nice bubbly sound at low rpm, but quickly harassing my ears with a blaring fart noise at higher rpm).

Now I saw this video on youtube of an akrapovic can, but comments are disabled, and honsetly it sounds completely different than anything else I've heard so far.

Can anyone with the akrapovic can chime in and confirm if this is actually what it sounds like while riding? (in the video the engine produces a much more tuned humming sound).

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey Norrick,

I've been looking around for exhausts too. Based on what I've read, Leo Vince is likely the way I'll be going. I've heard others say that the 2 Bro's is loud. I like the LV because it's got the underbody style and folks have said that it sounds better, but not necessarily louder...

There are some vids around...

Let us know what you end up with.

BaileyMan

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't want ANY exhaust that I have to repack the innards.Staintune would be my 1st choice but they are expensive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Repacking an exhaust is not hard it's just being careful with the fiberglass that is a pain. It's not something most people will have to do for the life of the bike anyway (or rather their length of ownership)

·
Registered
377 Posts
While getting my V Serviced a chap there had an er6n with the Akra slip on fitted, It had the most beautiful tone very Deep and Mellow and gave a nice low growl when he pulled away not obnoxious at all, like I've heard other pipes. Also with the baffle pipe in i think its about 2 or 3db quieter than stock too. its on my list ...but need to do Suspension first.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
I don't want ANY exhaust that I have to repack the innards.Staintune would be my 1st choice but they are expensive.
You don't have to re-pack the Scorpion pipes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I fitted an Akrapovic SP to my 12 V last week and it sounds a lot chunkier than that AK in the video. I have removed the inner siliencer.

I love this Exh, did at the same time I changed my rear sprocket from the 46tT to a 43T so the extre little bit of HP kind of ofset the loss in dropping sprocket teeth.

Get it, you won't regret it.

As a side note I just bought a used one on eBay in Sydney (my location) for just $190! Scored a spare for $440 cheaper than I just paid. What am I going to do with it though, lol. Curse my trigger finger.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Jeez! A T-shirt and no gloves. Great endorsement for the manufacturer. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd call your description with the tuned ,humming sound fair. I think the Akra is more quiet than the stock ( even at higher rpms) , and I have no plans on removing the silencer. I'm loving the tone of it, the looks of it, extremely happy with this purchase. My only complaint about the exhaust is the sticker. Not that its not sticking well, but imo they should be having a nice plate or tag on it by now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think the Two Bros looks the best. As for sound, who knows? At this pooint I'm staying with the stocker. By the way, do all these slip-ons incorporate a catalytic converter?

·
Registered
377 Posts
As a side note I just bought a used one on eBay in Sydney (my location) for just $190! Scored a spare for $440 cheaper than I just paid. What am I going to do with it though, lol. Curse my trigger finger.
Sell it to me VOz,:D I'm up in Brizzy....is it in good nic?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts