Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a place called DPTune where you remove the ecu send it to them and they reprogram and send it back to you overnight. Was curious if anyone had done it and how the performance was

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they do motorcycles now it's not on there site.here's the email they sent me

Eric, we*can do several things that will improve the bike;
1. We remove the timing limiters in the low gears
2.change*the throttle maps*
3. Recurve the timing*
4 adjust the fuel maps*
5 rasie the rev limiter
6.remove the speed limiters*
All these adjustments make the bike a real hoot to ride, and on the 650 gain you 8-10 hp at the wheel.
Where are you in CA? I have a dealer in the San Diego area now, but otherwise you simply overnight us the ECU and we adjust and ovenight right back to you!
Cost on the 650 is 400.00

·
Registered
770 Posts
Power commander only works with windows and I do not currently have access to a windows machine to update the power commander maps
You can buy a used PC for less than $100 these days. Accessing a PC is free. Alternatively I think you can set up your Apple to dual boot, that is boot to Windows or Mac OS when you turn it on.

·
Registered
764 Posts
lol Yea, i have to admit.. i laughed pretty hard when I read that someone didnt have access to windows.

if you don't have a soul you can pirate Fusion for apple and run both mac os and windows at the same time... and then after that you can pirate windows and then after that you can destroy the world! (lol went a lil pinky and the brain just then)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The big concern is that once the ECU is reflashed, you're stuck with it. And I really don't know why anyone would want to mess with the rev limiter. At 10,500, the engine's past it's horsepower peak.

For a bit more than $400, you can have a PC-V and Autotune, and can dial everything in yourself. The hardest part is getting the O2 sensor bung welded into the exhaust pipe. I have a little netbook I use to communicate with the PC, and it also has the service manual loaded for reference out in the garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts