Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if anyone has gone with aftermarket mirrors. I shattered one of mine and figured now’s the time to consider other options. I’d like some that don’t stick out as far, but still fit aesthetically. Any ideas?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Maybe not what you were thinking of, but I have run KLR 650 mirrors on my V since early on.
As a former KLR rider, I just liked that they were big, round and gave a clear picture behind me (I actually have them on spreaders now to kick them out a bit further).

An individual taste or opinion thing, but they seem to stay out of the way of everything and clear my windscreen.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i have SV650 mirrors on mine due to this......

so that being said i do have some stock mirrors for sale if interested

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe not what you were thinking of, but I have run KLR 650 mirrors on my V since early on.
As a former KLR rider, I just liked that they were big, round and gave a clear picture behind me (I actually have them on spreaders now to kick them out a bit further).

An individual taste or opinion thing, but they seem to stay out of the way of everything and clear my windscreen.

A little off topic but what kind of windscreen is that?

·
Registered
739 Posts
MRA Vario Touring Screen Windshield for Kawasaki Versys 650 '07-'09

$179.95

MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield for Kawasaki Versys 650 '07-'09 | TwistedThrottle.com

It's also the windscreen I bought "TWICE".

:surprise:

I was putting my bike on the rear service stand and was lining up the swingarm spools with my Harbor Freight stand. I should have pulled the panniers so I could get my head down there to make sure things were lined up---- but I didn't, and I did not have the stand correctly placed on a spool on one side and my bike starting tipping and got away from me before I could standup and catch it. The bike fell against a sheetrock wall in the garage, broke a mirror and crushed the fancy windscreen....

I could have purchased any other screen I wanted.... but I ordered another one just like I had, gritted my teeth and paid out the money, cause I love that screen that much...

Note to self, pull both panniers before fooling with swing arm spool and stand...

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
...Note to self, pull both panniers before fooling with swing arm spool and stand...
OR 1. get a TREX rear stand because then you can see it while you're "hooking-up";
or 2. change-up to a Gen 3 AND the TREX rear stand....

:wink2:

>:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Trashed the stock mirrors, too thin , too tall, looks goofy. .... imo

Replaced with my stock Honda CTX mirrors ... looks identical to the EMGOs posted above.

Oh, on the CTX, I have Kymco 300 GTI mirrors, much bigger and excellent. lol !!

Maybe, will mount (suzuki 600 fairing mount) mirrors to the windscreen, but will have to beef it up with a polycarbonate band across the windscreen. Why? I move around on the bike a lot, handlebar mirrors are too far back and I have to look down and back to see behind me, when mounted further forward I can just move my eyes and don't have to move my head. If I am not closely tracking vehicles next to me I do a head check before changing lanes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They look nice. Do they give you a better field of view than the stock? Are they more convex?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts