1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
The V-Max has been around for quite a few years. But for 20 grand i'll pass.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
but the bike itself is stunning.

Yea always considered it a piece of "motorcycle art" that would scare the crap out of you when you grabbed a handful of throttle:eek:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Viciously fast, especially in its new form.

Too bad they don't put that motor into a sport touring chassis...how about a V-Max V-4 powered FJR?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The detail and finish is beautiful as you should expect on a $17,000 bike. Not a lot of money at all when you compare it to it's HD class mates. It is after all a cruiser. Way heavy, eats gas, do a few burn outs in front of your mates at the local pub, than what?

·
Registered
295 Posts
its the new yamaha v-max encarnation
really awsome with a 200 horsepower engine
I bet it wouldn´t beat the versys on turns, originally was a straight only bike this one latest much improved on that
we have 80-100 bikes meetings at thursdays evenings at lisbon downtown riverside and there´s one mate with one of those

you are lucky, here the cost is about 21000 (euros!)

·
Registered
295 Posts
The detail and finish is beautiful as you should expect on a $17,000 bike. Not a lot of money at all when you compare it to it's HD class mates. It is after all a cruiser. Way heavy, eats gas, do a few burn outs in front of your mates at the local pub, than what?
Then you grab the girls, that´s about it! hehehe

·
Registered
901 Posts
Love the bike...but the price scares me

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its the new yamaha v-max encarnation
really awsome with a 200 horsepower engine
I bet it wouldn´t beat the versys on turns, originally was a straight only bike this one latest much improved on that
we have 80-100 bikes meetings at thursdays evenings at lisbon downtown riverside and there´s one mate with one of those

you are lucky, here the cost is about 21000 (euros!)
I got a friend living in Lisbon now who has an open invite for us, would love to ride up but I would never make it, not with the moneky butt I get after just 1 hours drive - only made it to jerez last weekend and had to stop for that too.

Back to the bike, I WANT ONE!Maybe I can set up a facebook page too, where everyone pays a euro towards the bike? Who´s gonna be the first to contribute???Come on , I dare you! You can all have a go on her when I get it.....you just need to come to Spain first.:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
I rode one last weekend at a Yamaha Demo day. Until last weekend I've never been on a bike that I was actually scared to ride at its limit, but the V-Max is insane. Very front-end heavy (don't know if this is a common cruiser trait or not) but the riding position is really comfy - not like a cruiser at all. The wind protection was suprisingly good even though there wasn't a windscreen. The V-Max is really impressive, but at that price I'll take a Multistrada 1200S. Perhaps a used V-Max would be a better deal, but with th epower from the engine, you better be ready to spend buko bucks on rear tires! The Yammy rep said that even with dual-compound tires, the V-Max "goes through them at TWICE the rate of a normal bike".....daaaaaaaaang!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The VMax rocks!!! We consider ourselves very fortunate to have both a Versys and VMax in the garage. (Not to mention my ZX7) Our VMax is a mint 1996 with 145ish HP at the rear wheel, a thrilling muscle bike but we both enjoy the power/handling/comfort/weight of the versys!!! On this year’s vacation ride around Lake Huron the only disagreements between my wife and I were who got the Versys on that day? I would love to try the new 2009/10 “almost 200hp” Vmax. Fast but HEAVY at just over 700lb?

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Love your bike vvvversys. I've always wanted one of those. Strongly considered a nice used one before getting the V, but in the end, I can only have one bike and the V met more of my needs. Besides, my commute to work now takes all of 20 minutes, if I had a V-Max it would only take 5 and then I would spend even more time at the office!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I got a friend living in Lisbon now who has an open invite for us, would love to ride up but I would never make it, not with the moneky butt I get after just 1 hours drive - only made it to jerez last weekend and had to stop for that too.

Back to the bike, I WANT ONE!Maybe I can set up a facebook page too, where everyone pays a euro towards the bike? Who´s gonna be the first to contribute???Come on , I dare you! You can all have a go on her when I get it.....you just need to come to Spain first.:D
hehehe
the only euro you will get from me will be for a beer, at lisbon, while looking at the beast! hehehe

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Swapped with a buddy for a bit on his V-Max some years back. Felt rather like driving a powerful antique. :huh: Never much felt like trying another.... :thumbdown:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts