Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Givi windshield came in and I'm going down to get it tomorrow. Any reason I can't leave the factory windshield off and ride down to the shop, about 45 miles. I don't see any harm being done but thought I check and see what you guys thought. After all MY best thoughts got me to the middle of Ohio from Florida...and three blocks from the beach at that! :D

I hate to try and stuff the factory windshield in a saddle bag as I worry it'll get beat up no matter how well I wrap it up. I'd carry the screws and wellnuts on the tank bag and bolt the Givi on for the ride back.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you don't ride too fast, it will be just fine else bear with the strong winds. Wear ear plugs. If you do place your stock screen in a box, wrap it first with bubble wrap or a few sheets of Newspaper, as it will scratch up real bad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used to ride without windshield (I love nakeds).
Now I have MRA Vario + X-creen and now I am in love in my V ;)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made it down and the world didn't end so all's good!

Got the Givi shield mounted in the dealers parking lot...all of 2 mins work. Fit up easily and looked right if not big! Blocks the wind and bugs nicely. Only a bit of buffeting and that was on I-75 in heavy traffic with more than enough 18 wheelers. I was running over 80mph just trying to keep up and NOT to get turned into roadkill.

This maybe the first after market windshield I've bought that doesn't hit Flea-Bay with in a week! While there is a little dirty air off it I have only tried one of the bolt on postions. It will take a bit to get use to as it is MUCH larger than the stocker is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts