Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a neat little bike; similar to my 1991 Nighthawk CB750. Has anyone ridden one or owned one? I'm most interested in the 2006 model w/ the inverted front fork, and silver wheels. They were made in Italy quite near the Ducati factory. Supposed to be a really nice bike.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yes, I bought one last year brand new here in Dallas, had it for 2 months and sold it. It is a nice bike but dosen't develop any power below about 6K rpms. Then it really comes on, but I did not want to ride in those high RPM's so I sold it. That was my experience.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I bought one last year brand new here in Dallas, had it for 2 months and sold it. It is a nice bike but dosen't develop any power below about 6K rpms. Then it really comes on, but I did not want to ride in those high RPM's so I sold it. That was my experience.
Interesting. How many miles do you have it for? Any problems to speak of? How was the suspension?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had two buddies that bought them new. One of them traded for a Triumph Sprint and the other replaced his, after it was "restyled" by a texting left-turner, with a 999. Both of them really liked the bikes but both wanted more low-end grunt.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Interesting. How many miles do you have it for? Any problems to speak of? How was the suspension?
I had it for a little over 500 miles and had no other problems with it. I never really paid much attention to suspension becasue I didn't have it that long. It's a Honda and pretty well bullet proof but it's a high RPM perfomance bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts