Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on here owns one of the new Versys 1000 LT models? I have been looking at them and so far, I am impressed. Is there going to be a separate forum for 1000 owners?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I was wondering if anyone on here owns one of the new Versys 1000 LT models? I have been looking at them and so far, I am impressed.
Best sport-touring bang for the buck maybe ever. There are a at least few owners here. So far I haven't heard any major complaints. I hope to join there ranks next week, if my dealer finally gets one in.

Is there going to be a separate forum for 1000 owners?
If Kawdog has anything to do with it, it'll be called the Brickyard. :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
There are getting to be more here now that it is available in the US.
There is a 1000 forum the last few years, mostly UK and European members.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I was wondering if anyone on here owns one of the new Versys 1000 LT models? I have been looking at them and so far, I am impressed. Is there going to be a separate forum for 1000 owners?
Excellent idea. The 2 bike models are night and day in mental focus, although leaders in each category. But trying to read through the board would be a whole lot more streamline if you could focus your attention to your specific interests. It would seem like a cut and paste of a few categories under the heading of V1K (conceptually anyway.)

I think a few of us were thinking along the same lines.

If Kawdog has anything to do with it, it'll be called the Brickyard. :D
And if Saddlebag has anything to do with it, it'd be called "Deerslayer II: He knows where I ride before I do, but I have a 550 lb surprise for him." :)

There are getting to be more here now that it is available in the US.
There is a 1000 forum the last few years, mostly UK and European members.
Yeah, it really does look like it will have a huge following in the US: inline 4's are owned by everyone here. It could seriously ding BMW's K bike's ('brick's') demand, as well as all the Jap crotch rockets. It is the pragmatic alternative to the H2 Kawasaki "Widow-Maker II."

·
Premium Member
16,249 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
And he has a surgically sewn-in grin too! They are deluxe performance touring machines though.

I thought Joe was going to surprise us with his new V1K. They cost near half of what they are worth. The Vs. machines are value plus performers. Kawasaki should be gaining market share when people start smelling the coffee (and LA dock workers get up off their A$$.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, a few V1K'ers around

So yes! I'm all for a V1KERS board so we can focus more, search less, and the 650ers (and everyone else) can come and drool.

After a few days of cruising about, the only thing I can complain about is that because the drive train is essentially a Z1000 ninja, it is geared for incredible acceleration, which means too low and too closely geared gears. You can easily start from 2nd gear, and each next gear doesn't give you much more before you have to upshift again. I have ordered a 16t CS sprocket (stock is 15t). Everything else is pure icing on the cake!

Oh, for those of you man cave wrenches, it looks like (unless I am mistaken) this bike does not have a radiator bypass hose (same dilemma with the KLR650). Too bad! Something else to T-bob.

Again, and for the moderators, lets form a V1KERS board!
Jeff

·
Registered
145 Posts
anyone have a quote for their insurance on the v1k? for the ninja 1000, for me (24 single male), it was around $3500 for full coverage through progressive (more than the actual bike payment would have been).:eek:

just curious as to what the v1k owners are paying to insure them.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
anyone have a quote for their insurance on the v1k? for the ninja 1000, for me (24 single male), it was around $3500 for full coverage through progressive (more than the actual bike payment would have been).:eek:

just curious as to what the v1k owners are paying to insure them.
Your age is a killer. My Progressive quote was for four hundred and change.

·
Registered
145 Posts
progressive wanted $490 to insure my 650! I went with allstate and got it for $270.

I love my 650 and feel no need for a bigger bike, but it would be nice to be ABLE to have the option. the insane insurance is the limiting factor on engine size for me currently. hopefully, when I turn 25 the rates will go down for me.

that 1000 felt great when I rode the ninja at americade last year, it had just a little buzz in the handlebars though. I bet the v1k is super fun to ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts