Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to tour a different country next year by motorcycle. I want to swap bikes with someone in Europe, Asia, Australia, anywhere? I have done this successfully in western Europe and New Zealand. I have two (tour-ready) bikes to chose from. One is a 2003 Honda ST1300 and the latest is an 08 Versys. Both of my previous swaps were on ST1300s but I think I would prefer a smaller, lighter bike if I get the opportunity to do it again. If anyone here is interested or know someone who might be, just PM me for a discussion of the possibilities. It will save you a ton of money over a rental type of arrangement. And.... I have references :D
Cheers,
Ride Safe,
Olegeezer

·
Registered
859 Posts
Where exactly are you?
I first learned of this arrangements on HorizonsUnlimited and I think it's a great thing.
A little bit of trust and good will makes a lot of people happy.

Cheers.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where exactly are you?
I first learned of this arrangements on HorizonsUnlimited and I think it's a great thing.
A little bit of trust and good will makes a lot of people happy.

Cheers.
Ivan, I'm in Beckley, West Virginia, about 600km?, southwest of Washington, DC. Yes, it does require trust and insurance :D. But I know it can be arranged.
Where exactly are you located?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ivan, I'm in Beckley, West Virginia, about 600km?, southwest of Washington, DC. Yes, it does require trust and insurance :D. But I know it can be arranged.
Where exactly are you located?
Scratch that last question. I looked you up on Google Maps and found your approximate location. Looks like a great motorcycle area and I would love to come over and see it. When I toured Europe summer 2010, I started in the Netherlands, rode south to the Med coast and had a blast. I moto camped for 5 weeks all but 3 or 4 nights. For the average West Virginian, Europe has a lot to offer IMO. I suppose you could say the converse is true too! Please pass the word to anyone you know who might be interested.
Joe

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you want to see 49 states in 8.5 days, I have the Streets and Trips map of the route my friend and I took. PM me for it.
I'd be very curious to see how anyone could do that without flying.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to see 49 states in 8.5 days, I have the Streets and Trips map of the route my friend and I took. PM me for it.
I've already rode in the "lower 49", what I want to do is swap my bike so I can tour "over there".
I'm saving what I haven't seen of America for when I become an "extrordinarily old geezer". :D
You know, they come here, I go there.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Scratch that last question. I looked you up on Google Maps and found your approximate location. Looks like a great motorcycle area and I would love to come over and see it. When I toured Europe summer 2010, I started in the Netherlands, rode south to the Med coast and had a blast. I moto camped for 5 weeks all but 3 or 4 nights. For the average West Virginian, Europe has a lot to offer IMO. I suppose you could say the converse is true too! Please pass the word to anyone you know who might be interested.
Joe
I'm here.
It depends on your cup of tea, but I think the Balkans are a great place for motorcycle touring. Great and challenging roads and not (yet) completely desensitized people like in the urban West.

I'm more attracted to the 'undeveloped' parts of the world. North America is beautiful but not high on my list.
I'll mention your proposition on the local board and we'll see what happens.

Cheers.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm here.
It depends on your cup of tea, but I think the Balkans are a great place for motorcycle touring. Great and challenging roads and not (yet) completely desensitized people like in the urban West.

I'm more attracted to the 'undeveloped' parts of the world. North America is beautiful but not high on my list.
I'll mention your proposition on the local board and we'll see what happens.

Cheers.
I understand completely and thanks for passing the question on if you can.
I will post on a few other boards and see if I can arrange something.
Ride Safe,
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts