Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep... buying opportunities are comin' Buy and hold good quality solid stock when it's cheap... The Warren Buffet way...:)
So true! I started buying on previous lows before latest rally, but lost all profits today (yesterday). But as per DR_, not retiring before a good 20-25 years (unless the market makes me rich:yeahsmile:) so no real impact:)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Current volatility lends itself to shorter term "swing trading" investing.

Profit on paper isn't "profit" until you cash out after all.

The "reversal day" phenomenon is one interesting way I've looked into for predicting future market reversals.

If one counts the days from previous reversals(high to low, or low to high) using a bar chart, more accurate market timing can be achieved. Giving a heads up on a possible future market reversal.

Timing is something most if not all advisors neglect when they spout the "buy and hold" philosophy. They are not technical traders. They are investment advisors.

The reversal day phenomenon is a purely technical analysis, and many factors influence market moves, but certain patterns do repeat themselves over and over again. This is evident when looking at almost any chart. Some fit the "reversal day" technique better than others.

I haven't traded using the technique but find it interesting, and compelling.
Paper trading is a good way to test any approach to buying and selling, and a useful tool to help hone your style of trading.

If you think you may want to change from an "investor" to a "trader",
or become a more "active" investor...

The book "Advanced Swing Trading" by John Crane, introduced me to this approach to the markets. The outside influence on the commodity markets, I think, are much less than the influences on the Stock Market, so might be better suited for its use.

Don't take my comments as advice:badidea:, find out for yourself if you are interested.
I hope we all don't lose our shirts.(Again!):cheers:

http://swingtradesinfutures.blogspot.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts