Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fitted speedy's L bracket to my stand today as flatfoot was touching swing arm at times. Removed three hex bolts to get gear lever and linkages out of way and black plastic and i think this may of fallen out or it may be just some of my junk on garage floor, can anyone confirm if this photo is a versys part please. i removed gear lever to be able to drill a bit more easy as its a cheap arse 5 mm drill bit.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Looks like a webbing tension strap for a backpack, tool bag, or soft luggage. I don't believe this came off of your bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a gasket for the turn signal fluid. As you can see, they are designed to be symmetrical, so right and left are interchangeable. Makes part manufacturing cheap, but unfortunately you are going to have to disassemble both sides to determine which one is missing. Meanwhile, don't ride the bike, as you might develop a turn signal leak and overheat! :grinangel:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Park it, Leaky Blinker Fluid is a bad thing...causes global warm ya know! :nono:

Take up buckle for a tank bag, seat bag or soft side bags?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
WOW !!!!
My Dad used to bring those home from work when we were kids......We'd play with them for hours on end!
Good times, Good times.......:blah:
BTW...it's in fact a flux intake gasket from a late 70's Chrysler 'turbo incapulator'. I can't say more...G4 classified!!!!!!
(...or, it's from a back pack strap)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Phil,

Looks like the gasket below the PCV cover.
Not sure if you touched that area.
Part no. 12021-1130 description as valve-assy-reed.
:funnypost:../..and I thought I had too much time on my hands.....LOLOLOL

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Phil,

Looks like the gasket below the PCV cover.
Not sure if you touched that area.
Part no. 12021-1130 description as valve-assy-reed.
Looks similar, but zooming in on your part, I don't believe it is as you suspect. Item 12021 has something on the underside and 4 round holes with no teeth. Fun trying to figure it out though!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My gut feeling is that is nothing to do with the bike but just wanted to pass it across the panel to be sure. The only stuff i have taken off the bike is all the plastic to get at air cleaner and gear lever to drill hole for L bracket through kick stand stopper. I think Capt your first thoughts are spot on

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's a muffler bearing for a 1939 Hupmobile.......LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a gasket for the turn signal fluid. As you can see, they are designed to be symmetrical, so right and left are interchangeable. Makes part manufacturing cheap, but unfortunately you are going to have to disassemble both sides to determine which one is missing. Meanwhile, don't ride the bike, as you might develop a turn signal leak and overheat! :grinangel:
You are probably right as it may of come loose with the bike always running upside down at the bottom of the world;)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Yes, Phil. Capt's right. :sorry: All.
Had a look in the service manual and the PCV gasket is of different material.

Have now flipped all the pages in the service and part's manual and saw no other parts match. Easy to have the hardcopies around.
:D Phil , you can treat me a teh tarik when you're here. :D

Adios, Amigo. Off for a short ride. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
You found it laying on the garage floor, its most likely part of the garage then. ;)
Hell - you've ALL heard of the monster that lives in the clothes dryer and EATS sox...?

THIS is the garage monster that lurks and eats nuts, bolts and washers that fall to the floor!

VERY dangerous...!

:topsecret:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hell - you've ALL heard of the monster that lives in the clothes dryer and EATS sox...?

THIS is the garage monster that lurks and eats nuts, bolts and washers that fall to the floor!

VERY dangerous...!

In middle earth we have strange creatures that come out at night so Ed you probably right :D.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
JUST went out to my shop - ONE of those monsters has been lurking there I guess.

AND it had BABIES...! :sorry:

Wonder just WHAT that "slick" spot is???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts