Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my V about a month now, and the thing I am having the most trouble adjusting to is the riding position. I have the handle bar rotated back and down as much as possible without the controls hitting the tank at full lock, and I still don't like the fists-in-the-air high, wide position of the grips. I plan on getting a set of risers so I can raise the bar and rotate the grips down more, but would also like to replace the bar with one with more pullback-after even a short ride my wrists and shoulders bother me. My question is has anyone found a bar with more pull back that works on the V? TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar complaint to yours with the stock bar. Especially it felt like the bar was forcing an "elbows out" riding position that I didn't like. I found a Renthal aluminum bar that has more angle to the grip area so slightly more pull back. They are slightly narrower as well. The bar was ever so slightly lower so I added a spacer which resulted in getting the bar up a bit and back more. I'm pretty happy with the final result.

The "Road Low" is the one I got from this link below. Notice it is the most swept back.

http://www.renthal.com/File/apps1.asp?tabtype=5&productid=0&appid=ROAD&zone=&biketype=&manufacturer=&model=&bikedate=

It does not come with the crossbar and pad as shown in the picture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts