Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got all the bits together for an air filter, spark plug change and valve check. The only reason I did the valve check was because of the cautions in previous posts. My 2009 had all it's clearances safely within spec at 18K miles. So, I'm curious if anyone on here has ever reported a burnt exhaust valve on their Versys?

I have had mostly BMWs and Ducatis for decades and I can say the Versys is the easiest bike to work on that I've ever owned. To do maintenance work on it is enjoyable and gratifying.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I did my 2008 a few months ago at 12k miles, just because it was 10 years old and found that I had three exhaust valves way too tight. I am really glad that I didn't wait for the prescribed interval! Nothing seems to have burned, so I would presume that the Versys is more forgiving than some other brands.

Randy

Reactions: onewizard

·
Premium Member
7,877 Posts
We had quite a lot of problem with 2009/2010 models - Thailand made, with burnt exhaust valve -bend infact. It was a major call back here where Kawasaki changed the valve sets for both Intake and Exhaust.

In recent time with the latest models never heard of any problem so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts