Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing used bikes, up to 15 years old, with asking prices equivalent to what I paid for the same bikes New and a couple years old.

I guess the new bikes have climbed in price so much that they are pulling the used bike prices up with them. Mmm.

I know this happened with the 1993 Honda XR250L I bought back in '07 or so. NADA was $600 when I bought it, $1200 when I sold it. The guy I sold it to got $1100 on a trade.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I dont know what your neck of the woods is like but since covid there are a lot more motorbikes on the roads here. Alot of summer plans were cancelled and turned to motorcycle! Covid coincided with spring which is the season for bike fever. Maybe that combined with buying a bike in the summer is not the best time compared to winter.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know what your neck of the woods is like but since covid there are a lot more motorbikes on the roads here. Alot of summer plans were cancelled and turned to motorcycle! Covid coincided with spring which is the season for bike fever. Maybe that combined with buying a bike in the summer is not the best time compared to winter.
We don't have winter around here in the hills of TN. I'm talking general trends, not just spring, summer, etc. I am referring to ads on Craigslist, Cycletrader, and the various forums.

For instance, if I wanted to buy a gen II Versys today, I could find a low mileage example, but will have to pay what I paid new for mine. Granted, I bought my '11 during the recession, but still.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here is few Versys 650 in Croatia, used motorcycles sometimes hold a fairly high price, sometimes you find 10-15 years motorbike which are sometimes 60% price of brand new motorbike.
Can you look and say is it cheap or expensive compared to price in USA

V650 - 2015 year - 9600mi - 7900$ (third generation), engine guard, mud guard
V650 - 2007 year - 44 000mi - 3800$ (first generation), top case, new tires, new chain
V650 - 2012 year - 10 500mi - 6650$ (second generation) 3 OEM cases, tank bag, hand heater, handguard, bigger windscreen
V650 - 2008 year - 36 000mi - 4300$ (first generation), Akrapovič exhaust, SW motech fog lights, Kappa 46L top case, SW Motech handguard, LED headlights , new tires, new chain, valve adjustmend done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is a thought. Maybe because of the virus the dealers are not getting new bikes from Japan as easily so if there is not enough inventory of new then the used market will climb. It is happening with Subaru vehicles that are made in Japan. Dealer lots are slim with inventory of models that are made in Japan.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It will be interesting to see how tight money is this fall and winter. Might be an especially good time to buy a used motorbike...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts