Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’Day V Bikers,

After reading the V vacuum hose mod, intend to get it done ASAP when have a chance to lift the petrol tank. Have done it on my bmw boxer and I know it gives positive results.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661
I do believe to have the 2 hoses from the throttle bodies to be similar length to avoid any discrepancies. Maybe put a small air filter for the intake vacuum hose.

My question:

Has anyone balance the throttle bodies with the twinmax?
http://www.adventuremotogear.com/twinmax-p-28.html

Have used it and balanced the throttle bodies butterflies on the boxer.
I might be mistaken, theoretically, assume all is good order; both throttle bodies vacuum should be equal as the both butterflies are connected together on the same spindle.
Meaning the vacuum should be equal for all rpm ranges.
Appreciate to know if anyone has tried balancing the V this way.

Best Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
I used my Twinmax to balance the V, pretty straight forward. I forget which one was the ref cylinder, I think it was the left one and you adjusted the right, but I could have the backwards now.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Marc11,

Thank you for your reply.

According to the service manual under periodic maintenance 2-17,
it states
- Turn out the bypass screw of the higher vacuum between #1 [A] and
#2 of the lower vacuum.
- Open and close the throttle valves after each measurement and adjust the
idle speed as necessary.

Knowing that for the twinmax. the side the needle goes off away from the centre is the side having the greater (higher) vacuum.

This is good. Learning something new each day. Thanks.:thumb:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Check it at 1300 rpm idle once warmed up. Leave the right TB screw closed, and adjust with the left. Balance does go off as soon as you raise the rpm, then goes back to equal at higher rpm's... I removed the airbox and propped up the fuel tank for easy access to the TB's vacuum bypass adjustment screw, and covered the TB inlets with the original airbox filter foam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts