Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's from a Gen II (possibly common to Gen I and III)
I found it floating around on top of the cam cover.

I'd like to know exactly how this sheet of rubber/vinyl is fitted wherever it belongs.

A photo would be "the ducks guts".

·
Registered
182 Posts
I checked schematics on everything at bikebandit. Nothing! Just guessing, I'd say some electrical insulator used on the frame backbone wiring, or under/around the tank guage sending unit? I'd be tempted to pitch it, and pretend I never found it!! lol

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I remember seeing something similar when I did my valve adjustment when removing the tank.
The bigger rectangular hole comes over a nut support on the side of the frame I think.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's a rain/mud/dirt guard that is on almost every bike. Usually lies on top of the spark plug area.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked schematics on everything at bikebandit. Nothing! Just guessing, I'd say some electrical insulator used on the frame backbone wiring, or under/around the tank guage sending unit? I'd be tempted to pitch it, and pretend I never found it!! lol
If I was 50 years younger I would probably have ditched it too. But I'm older and wiser
now, and there was absolutely no way work would have proceeded until that piece
went back where it belonged.

I posted the query in V650 "General Discussion" as well as here and 18 days ago, Tennistime99 nailed it; bless his soul.
He posted the picture below, and that rubber mat resides now where it should... it's
a rubber heat shield that lives adjacent to the battery. How it came to be on the cam
cover where I found it is simple, the previous owner and his "mechanic" were two
thirds of the three stooges.

Anyway thanks to all that posted who tried to help me out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts