·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
699 Posts
Looks nice.

I must admit...that carbon fiber canister sure would look sweet on a V.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the one i got.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed last weekend. The install was a real pain in the butt, the instructions stunk but I got through it. It is much louder than I thought it would be but I love it. It's even more of a joy to ride now. I didn't get the PCIII so it hiccups sometimes. I guess that will be my next purchase. The youtube clips don't do it justice, its loud. I like to be heard though, makes me feel safer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Creeper, any pics of it?
no pics yet. i tried to install it myself and after about 15 min of scratching my head i gave up. im going to have a shop install it for me. the link i put up has a decent pic of it (on the bike too)if you would like to see.

·
Registered
204 Posts
no pics yet. i tried to install it myself and after about 15 min of scratching my head i gave up. im going to have a shop install it for me. the link i put up has a decent pic of it (on the bike too)if you would like to see.
You have to drop the rear tire I think and that takes me out of the game right there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you don't have to take off the rear tire, that's bull. you can loosen the bolts at the header and the header pipes drop giving room to pull the stock muffler off. I have bascially taken a bike apart and put it back together before and putting this two bros muffler on was about the most frustrating thing I have ever done.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you don't have to take off the rear tire, that's bull. you can loosen the bolts at the header and the header pipes drop giving room to pull the stock muffler off. I have bascially taken a bike apart and put it back together before and putting this two bros muffler on was about the most frustrating thing I have ever done.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Another solution to getting the stock exhaust off...
My buddy and I got the stock exhaust off by simply putting down the kickstand, having him pull the bike up on the stand and the front tire, that allowed us to get the stock muffler off...just barely, but it comes. I can't imagine any of the aftermarket pipes needing quite as much room to get back on...could be wrong. I have decided to have a local exhaust shop make an exhaust for me. the motorcycle guy there said he would need my bike for half a day or so, to mock it up, and he will put something together. It will be made about the way I had in mind, and he will get it done, and give the finished product to me. Basically it will be a length of baffled pipe, about 14 inches, straight from the headers, with a down turned tip on the end. I will paint it with some high temp paint, and we'll see what happens. The pipe seems to weigh about 5 lbs, very rough guesstamite! This is fairly close to the Two Bros 3lbs 2oz, but will only cost me between $75 and $100, compared to the nearly $400 the T.B. silencer would cost me. Should have it in about a week or two. when I get it done, I will report back. How it sounds, actual weight, and some pics. The stock muffler as weighed by my friend, is about 13lbs. More to come!!!
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another solution to getting the stock exhaust off...
My buddy and I got the stock exhaust off by simply putting down the kickstand, having him pull the bike up on the stand and the front tire, that allowed us to get the stock muffler off...just barely, but it comes. I can't imagine any of the aftermarket pipes needing quite as much room to get back on...could be wrong. I have decided to have a local exhaust shop make an exhaust for me. the motorcycle guy there said he would need my bike for half a day or so, to mock it up, and he will put something together. It will be made about the way I had in mind, and he will get it done, and give the finished product to me. Basically it will be a length of baffled pipe, about 14 inches, straight from the headers, with a down turned tip on the end. I will paint it with some high temp paint, and we'll see what happens. The pipe seems to weigh about 5 lbs, very rough guesstamite! This is fairly close to the Two Bros 3lbs 2oz, but will only cost me between $75 and $100, compared to the nearly $400 the T.B. silencer would cost me. Should have it in about a week or two. when I get it done, I will report back. How it sounds, actual weight, and some pics. The stock muffler as weighed by my friend, is about 13lbs. More to come!!!
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!
I can't wait to see what you come up with. Lots of pics.

Brian

·
Registered
108 Posts
Throw a Leg, I will mos def get some snaps, I should Get the piece next week, hopefully on wednesday. I think the finished product will look pretty good, and hopefully sound the mutt's nuts! I will report all of it back for sure!
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just got my two Bro on today ......It Fricken Rocks!!!! Its a whole lot louder than i thought it would be but worth it . It pulls a lot harder and the Wheeiles with just a hand full of throttle . It wasn't all that hard to install , i just loosened the header bolts and the stock muff just slipped off , it only took me a little over a hour to install . I cant wait to Dyno it now and now im thinking maybe a two bro Juice box may be next on the wish list :)
~Brian ~

·
Registered
371 Posts
I took the least expensive route & went with the Aluminum pipe. I should have done a little more price comparison up here in Canada as i ordered mine right From Two Bros For $399 Plus Shipping And i could have purchased it from www.bluestreakracing.ca for $359 & free Shipping !!! Doh !!! live & learn i guess.

Ox

·
Registered
559 Posts
I ordered from www.bluestreakracing.ca I should receive it next week. Some say it's easy to install others say it's a pain, let's hope it's easy! :)
I paid 377$ including taxes and free shipping to montreal. At a store near home they asked 500$...and proposed a "deal" at 400$ to find out I wouldnt have it before july, that's when I found bluestreakracing and there great prices. Now Im just worried it might be a bit too loud. I want to be heard in the traffic, but I don't want to end up with headaches!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anyone been stopped by the police with a two brothers exhaust??
So far no, but it has crossed my mind that i might. i try not to be too loud when im residential areas, on the highway i could care less.

I cant even remember what the bike sounded like before the two bros. but i wouldnt have it any other way. People notice me more now which makes me feel better about my saftey.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah Im going to new york at the end of the month and wanted a little extra security. If you can't be seen at least be heard :) I just hope it's not TOO loud when riding normaly in residential areas...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts