Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I scrolled quickly down and did not see a thread. It looks like Kawasaki may be releasing some new models. They all look to have dirt tires and spokes though I think they just copied the same picture 3 more time so not a lot of stock in that.

It also seems that some of the usual moto publications just released info on the 2021 KLX line within the past couple of days. However they are already featured on the Kawasaki website so.......

What say you? Any speculation?

I feel like last time I got excited about a new Versys or Team Green Adv model the new releases were all street bikes (Ninjas).

BTW I have been gone for a while since selling the beloved Versys. Here is the current bike (sorry but not GREEN).

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, I scrolled quickly down and did not see a thread. It looks like Kawasaki may be releasing some new models. They all look to have dirt tires and spokes though I think they just copied the same picture 3 more time so not a lot of stock in that.

It also seems that some of the usual moto publications just released info on the 2021 KLX line within the past couple of days. However they are already featured on the Kawasaki website so.......

What say you? Any speculation?

I feel like last time I got excited about a new Versys or Team Green Adv model the new releases were all street bikes (Ninjas).

BTW I have been gone for a while since selling the beloved Versys. Here is the current bike (sorry but not GREEN).
You can see everything on european kawasaki for new models:

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I've been hoping for a KLX300S. Friends are saying that I could plate the KLX300 off road with a few modifications. Mmm. Right now the bike that keep calling to my in my sleep is the Moto Guzzi V85TT adventure bike. I did recently sit on the new Tiger 850 and Tracer 900GT. For the money and reliability I would have to go with the Yamaha. Just not sure if my body is ready for motorcycle touring as opposed to my current "motorcycle base camping" with day rides in the area if interest.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been hoping for a KLX300S. Friends are saying that I could plate the KLX300 off road with a few modifications. Mmm. Right now the bike that keep calling to my in my sleep is the Moto Guzzi V85TT adventure bike. I did recently sit on the new Tiger 850 and Tracer 900GT. For the money and reliability I would have to go with the Yamaha. Just not sure if my body is ready for motorcycle touring as opposed to my current "motorcycle base camping" with day rides in the area if interest.
Are you currently doing this motorcycle base camping with a KLE 650 or a proper dirt bike? I found the 690/701 to be a pretty good compromise for me between road and off road though it will need some key modifications to make it comfortable on road including a seat and fairing or windscreen.
Would you want the 300 twin out of the Versys 300 or a thumper in that KLX300S? What would the S stand for?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Are you currently doing this motorcycle base camping with a KLE 650 or a proper dirt bike? I found the 690/701 to be a pretty good compromise for me between road and off road though it will need some key modifications to make it comfortable on road including a seat and fairing or windscreen.
Would you want the 300 twin out of the Versys 300 or a thumper in that KLX300S? What would the S stand for?
The "S" is the Street legal version. It looks like Kawasaki dropped the 'S' designation for the Dual Sport bikes and added an 'R' for the off-road bikes. This is what I would want in a dual sport. Kawasaki KLX300R | Off-Road Motorcycle | The Ultimate Trail Bike

Currently, my base camping is with my Royal Enfield Himilayan and/or my Moto Guzzi V7III. I am in a phase were all my bikes are air or air/oil cooled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts