Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like all EU bikes moved from 600cc or added 800cc.
Aprilia, Ducati, BMW, now Triumph and yamaha with F8.

Any rumors about KW? It will be nice to have a light 800cc versys. :feedback:

·
Registered
959 Posts
as the Versys was tweaked for this year I doubt there will be any significant changes next year. I think K's model programmes is on a 4 or 5 year cycle.

there will probably tinkering at the edges, different body colours, different frame colour and so on. heck who knows the us may even get the ABs option.

there is of course the other option the K may buy in a bike as they did with the rebadged 1 litre V Strom

·
Registered
39 Posts
:) It would be cool to see what 2011 Versys looks like.I've been putting cash down on a 2011. Tweaked or not it is one cool bike.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
An 800 would be fun, but I agree with healdem. With their update cycle I wouldn't expect anything other than a color change.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The w800 is a parallel twin mabey it will find its way to the versys

·
Registered
162 Posts
The w800 is a parallel twin mabey it will find its way to the versys
I doubt it as it is air cooled from its looks. At an estimated list at 60 bhp it isn't any better than the 650 Versys motor.

Maloy

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I doubt it as it is air cooled from its looks. At an estimated list at 60 bhp it isn't any better than the 650 Versys motor.

Maloy
true, I wasn't even thinking about that, oops

·
Registered
162 Posts
true, I wasn't even thinking about that, oops
Don't worry, it is only a matter of time before someone here takes the 650 and punch it out to something larger than 700cc's.

Maloy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Don't worry, it is only a matter of time before someone here takes the 650 and punch it out to something larger than 700cc's.

Maloy
I read somewhere that the V 650 cylinders are so close together as to eliminate the possibility of any major boring. The first thing to develop more power and keep the nice flat, torque curve, is to mill the head down and increase the compression ratio, requiring higher octane gas, possibly requiring octane booster to be carried with the bike.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I kinda like the fact that the versys is a 650. Its got very usable torque pretty much throughout the range, more than adequate, and easy to throw around. If I wanted something bigger, I would get the new multistrada or something, just to try something new (Im a whore that way:D), but I bought the versys mainly cause of its 'smaller' displacement.

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
It'll be a 2010 with a paint job.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Less Buzz and Vibes...Please Kawi...

My green 09 10,000 miles, needs the 2010 rubber rear engine mount....However the motor is in a stressed member type frame...Could anybody rubber mount the front bolts also ????::interesting:

·
Registered
959 Posts
considering the ABS variant is in short supply (read sold out) in the UK I think K product/sales planners are struggling to match demand with supply. I can't believe its a factory problem, it sounds more like a K (UK) or K (Europe) under odering.

a shortage of supply could indicate that they are reluctant to reorder more ABS variants either because they have a surfeit of non ABS OR they are expecting changes and don't want to get caught with the "old" model year OR they are on stricter financial limits from head office as regards to the amount and type of stock they are allowed to hold

it seems sad to me that K are using the US style model year approach to launch minor changes such as paint colours. the old version came in 3 colours per year, now its down to two......

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
K-USA may be reluctant to promote 2011 as there seems to be a lot of 2009s stockpiled. Both the new green and blue 2009s are being sold by dealers for around $5000. There are few 2010s on the floor or being listed for sale, so, maybe they're trying to clear out the 2009s before making the 2010s available. Which could push the 2011 back for a later intro.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts