Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in using this mount for my Garmin Montana. However, I can not find any pictures from the front or showing how it is mounted... the only picture I see is from the gauge cluster side. Any other pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I purchased the Quick Lock for my 650, same attachment system. I found that the point where the two parts slide together develops play in it after about 25 to 30k miles. This causes quite a bit of slop and extra bouncing for the GPS. I almost never really detached it, so that wasn't the issue.

I wound up using JB Weld to eliminate the slop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies. I was able to find a few more pics on twisted throttle of a customer install. I decided to go ahead and try it, so I ordered one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I attacked a Ram mount on mine. Looks a little funky, but it works. When I attached my Garmin GPS mount, it bolted up with no issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made a dash mount myself using stailess steel 1.5mm sheet and a piece of 2.5mm thick aluminium bar. works very well and looks good. I used SW-Motech logo just to make my design cool I hope they are not offended :))
here are a few pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts