Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use the 3G. Currently looking for a good weather-proof mount.
I have a 3G that I use on the bike with a RAM Mount medium size Aqua Box with their standard motorcycle handlebar mount. Incidentally, Navigon is an excellent GPS app for use by motorcyclists as it lets one specify an arbitrary number of waypoints and has "scenic" and "motorcycle" routing and speed options, respectively.

I see that this thread is half a year old. I'm glad that enough people stated that they use iPhones so that the site admins created an iPhone layout. The iPhone layout comes in handy when looking up a photo on the forum while out wrenching on the V!

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 3GS is awesome...surf, games, email, camera for work related issues, phone and a great toy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just D/L ed the tapatalk...I cannot find Kawasaki Versys in there under motorcycles, Is it for some strange reason under another?
I saw under the description of tapatalk kawasaki versys was at the bottom of their list.
Does this forum still support the app?

·
Registered
451 Posts
i have offical apple employee shirts if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I downloaded the RO version of TapaTalk to try it out and I can't find the forum... Any help? Anyone using the RO version to read?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have an iPhone and have not had a good experience. AT&T network stinks where I ride on two wheels and at most of the airports I find myself in, which kind of defeats the value of a mobile device. Battery life...well we all know about that. The Droids I've played with are radically faster and it was an eye opener to me to realize that there are other smart phones out there that work really well, certainly better than my 3G. I also like the idea of having a choice of several manufacturers and form factors rather than which ever iPhone is the latest. I know some people love their Apple products beyond measure, but I'm not one of them. Perhaps what bothers me the most is the Apple product support people whose answer to my various issues (losing contacts, locking SIM, hanging up for no apparent reason) has been "It shouldn't do that" or "You should get an iPhone 4." When my contract is up I expect I'll be going elsewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a Sony Xperia Arc running Andriod 2.3. Quick data rate over the network and linked to wi-fi at home.

Really impressed with it for surfing but the HD video and 10mpx camera are amazing.

The best thing is that now when I go anywhere I can take one item rather than a camera, ipod, satnav and laptop. Fantastic.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I have an Android Nexis 5. I'm thinking anyone that tries to access this site with their web browser on their phone, rather than the motorcycle.com app, will really like the new web view for small screens and will now prefer their browser to the app for access to the site.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Interesting. Doesn't seem to work in Opera, but it does in Chrome. I'll have to try it out for a bit...

21 - 37 of 37 Posts