Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I turned my stock windscreen upside down and really liked it that way. I went to get the "KAWASAKI" sticker off of the shield and after peeling it off I still had some residue on the shield. I thought I would use Brake Cleaner to get the residue off...

The brake clean actually melted and scratched my shield. It looks like I wiped the shield down with sand paper now. So I found another shield on here from a very generous member.

I just peeled the sticker off of this one and have residue left like before. Does anyone know what I could use to get the residue off without damaging the windshield?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Hair Dryer and a little WD-40 .... heat it up squirt with WD-40 and rub it off.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
WD40 on a soft cloth. As it stops picking up the glue, reapply to a new section of the cloth.
After the glue is gone just clean the WD off with windex.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
They sell decal and adhesive remover in most auto parts stores as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Here i just removed a sticker i've been meaning to get to. Sprayed it with WD-40....Heated it up took a paper towel and started rubbing using a finger nail with the paper towel touching the label and kept rubbing while still hitting it with the heat and more WD-40 as needed. Took a few minutes but came off nice and clean. Cleaned the shield with Plexus but use what you have handy...

Sticker Removal by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
237 Posts
As were on the subject of windshields, don't ever spray off insect spray anywhere near your windshield. I just made this mistake a month ago. Now its permanently speckled. As for stickers, goo gone has always worked great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm a fan of hair dryer and mineral spirits. Just removed about 15 decals from a set of Jesse bags I'm selling.....works great.
Mike

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Best thing I've found to remove stickers and decals is lighter fluid (naptha). It evaporates quickly, leaves no residue and is safe for everything I've tried it on, glass, metal, plastic. Cheap, too.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts