Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There no frame-type low engine guard for the versys 650 model 2015+. I see engine covers, and some little high guard,
but no regular frame protecting the whole low part as for the 2014 and before.

I want to have highway pegs fitted on that frame, and now I wouldn't even buy the bike if I cannot do that...

Unless there is another way to put highway pegs?

When will the 'real' engine guard (optionally with a compatible skid plate) be available?

How do you get highway pegs fitted?

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
I've seen various "crash-bars" for the Gen 3s that would accept highway pegs. NOT sure about skid-plates YET, as I plan to see if I can 'mod' my '09 skid-plate to fit my '15.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
This may be an option, should be out very soon.

accessories for 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650

Dan
That would be who I'd have the most trust in too. Where I live though (constant traffic), I'd like dual foot controls too.

The OP gives a good ergonomic request, and I wonder why others haven't asked for the same thing before. The high pegs seem kind of funky to me. But stretching my legs temporarily may be a good enough reason to have highway pegs though. Leg cramps suk.

I lowered my pegs, then lowered my frame: so now I'm getting some knee-cramp pains again. It's ergonomically tolerable though: I may just need to hit the gym harder and more consistent :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the large crash bar, well... that's large for sure... for a bit of tube down there. As I said, I'd rather have a low engine guard only.

and this givi crash bars?
Interesting but this is nowhere to be found on givi.ca nor givi.com. Probably for the 2014 or before.
Please link where you found that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There no frame-type low engine guard for the versys 650 model 2015+. I see engine covers, and some little high guard,
but no regular frame protecting the whole low part as for the 2014 and before.

I want to have highway pegs fitted on that frame, and now I wouldn't even buy the bike if I cannot do that...

Unless there is another way to put highway pegs?

When will the 'real' engine guard (optionally with a compatible skid plate) be available?

How do you get highway pegs fitted?
A little birdie told me >:) that the new version of highway peg mounts for 2015-16 Versys 650 is coming in a few weeks. They will have a completely different design and mounting. Stay tuned for details or check the website in a couple of weeks https://motowerkstore.com/

Speedy

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A little birdie told me >:) that the new version of highway peg mounts for 2015-16 Versys 650 is coming in a few weeks. They will have a completely different design and mounting. Stay tuned for details or check the website in a couple of weeks https://motowerkstore.com/

Speedy
got them for 2 months now.
happy, but not with the price, and not with the fact that they will be incompatible with pretty much just any crashbar you could find.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
2015 Versys 650 with SW Motech Crash Bars + Motowerk Hwy Peg Mounts

On the right side:
Reduced the SW Motech spacers by the thickness of the Motowerk peg mounts.
Used the SW Motech fasteners and installed the crash bar on the outside.
On the left side:
Reduced the Motowerk peg mount spacers by the thickness of the crash bar mounting plate (approximately 1/4 inch). I don't have the measurements with me.
Install the highway peg mount on the outside.
Note: On the left side, the Motowerk fasteners are now too short. The remaining SW Motech bolts were shortened to the required length and threaded with a die.
It's longer to explain than to do. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts