Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for various reasons, I find myself turning on the key while the bike sits in the basement, quite often, but not starting it. then I got to thinking,i sure hope im not causing the fuel pump to put gas into the t.b. I do hear the pump running, or at least I think that's what it is, for a few seconds every time I turn the key on. does anyone know if there is any harm in this? I sure don't want to be dumping fuel into the engine every time I turn the key on and don't start it.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
No harm done. Fuel pump is only pressurizing the fuel raii up to a set pressure. No fuel is being injected before ECU gets a crankshaft position signal once you start cranking engine to start it... You do want to make sure you keep your battery charged up to reduce sulfation and degradation.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that's good to know.---- I have a plug for my charger that stays on the bike.i keep it plugged up pretty much all the time.-----thanks for the info------

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
Dale - some years ago the battery on my KLR dried up over the winter, plugged into a "float" battery charger for 5 1/2 months. Since that happened I run my chargers thru a 24 hour timer, set for 15 minutes in 24 hours, and have not had any problems since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts