Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Kawasaki makes a gel / comfort seat for the 2019+, but not earlier years. I found this on the eBay:
Kawasaki Versys 1000 Comfort Gel Seat Model 2015 - 2018 | eBay

I contacted the seller with a couple questions and got one answered.
Me:
"Is this an complete seat, including seat pan?
Does this seat take the forward slide into the gas tank away from the Kawasaki Versys 1000?"
Seller:
"Hello, this is the complete and original Kawasaki seat. Every customer has to judge the driving comfort himself."
Me:
"Is the angle of the driver's seat different from stock?"
Seller:
"as I said ... it's a comfort seat for long journeys. the driving comfort is in the eye of the beholder."

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
yes, I had that seat. it is not that great. at the end I replaced it with seat concepts foam/cover. they call it 'gel' seat, but they just fit a small bag of gel in the middle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I had that seat. it is not that great. at the end I replaced it with seat concepts foam/cover. they call it 'gel' seat, but they just fit a small bag of gel in the middle.
This is very helpful!
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
'16 V1K, '17 Moto Guzzi V7III, '17 Honda CRF250L Rally
7 Posts
My 2016 came with a Corbin fitted by the PO. I like the shape of the seat but it is hard. I added beads which I like very much although the ceramic beads seem to hold the engine heat and don't alleviate the hardness. I'm currently experimenting with some 1"closed cell foam from a cheap fleabay yoga mat.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bag Luggage and bags

1 - 4 of 4 Posts