Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
There are two different type of "green" antifreeze.

· Registered
74 Posts

· Registered
537 Posts
I just used the Prestone All Vehicles stuff when I did mine because I had some left from doing my wife's car. After a bunch of research it's safe for aluminum radiators and completely safe for motorcycles. And researching the best coolant is about as entertaining as researching the best motor oil. LOL

· Registered
3,470 Posts
A bottle of antifreeze you have to mix with distilled water will provide way too much antifreeze for the engine. Premix is better for this reason.

DO NOT USE engine ice unless you never park your bike anywhere where it goes below freezing overnight or your engine block will crack and your engine will be toast. Water/Anti-freeze thermal transfer is not much different than Water/Engine Ice and only really matters if you are tracking your bike in really hot weather. Buy a single bottle of premix antifreeze compatible with aluminum engines.

My fan only runs when my bike stops and then sits and idles at a stoplight for a long time. I can hear the fan start after I stop. I assume this indicates my engine is not thermally strained since a threshold thermometer activates the fan.

· Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 (Green!)
43 Posts
DO NOT USE engine ice unless you never park your bike anywhere where it goes below freezing overnight or your engine block will crack and your engine will be toast.
So can I take out the double negative and verify? Are you saying, ‘USE engine ice unless you never park your bike anywhere where it goes below freezing overnight ...’

Will the block crack with normal anti-freeze? I thought that was the point of anti-freeze - to avoid turning to solid water?

My bike has ICE from the PO and temps drop below freezing here. Just making sure I’m good. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.