Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick report that I have installed now ridden the anti-vibe riser from Speedy and it really does a great job. I'm 6'2" and with the riser I can sit much more comfortably upright. And the vibration is noticeably less, with it being most evident in the fact that cars in the rear mirrors look like cars and not like impressionist paintings. Big difference there.

So thanks Speedy! I now have the mirror extenders, foot peg lowering, and anti-vibe riser. Bike fits my taller frame.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just a quick report that I have installed now ridden the anti-vibe riser from Speedy and it really does a great job. I'm 6'2" and with the riser I can sit much more comfortably upright. And the vibration is noticeably less, with it being most evident in the fact that cars in the rear mirrors look like cars and not like impressionist paintings. Big difference there.

So thanks Speedy! I now have the mirror extenders, foot peg lowering, and anti-vibe riser. Bike fits my taller frame.
Exactly what I needed to hear as I am 6'3" and picking up my 2011 in a few days. I guess I know what I'll be getting first:thanx:

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
I think I only rode 3 days as stock ... 4th day my anti-vib riser arrived in Australia and was fitted.
I bought it because all I read was good things about it... I did not wait to fix an issue, I fixed it before it got out of hand :)

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
Exactly what I needed to hear as I am 6'3" and picking up my 2011 in a few days. I guess I know what I'll be getting first:thanx:
Just a thought for you TALL guys: (Speedy's stuff is great, and I have bits on both Vs, so this is NOT knocking him!) I am 5' 10", and because I stand on the 'pegs a lot while riding dirt, I wanted to raise my bars. I bought some ROX 2" risers from a member for the GREEN HORNET, and they help so much that I bought ANOTHER set for BIG RED in AZ, but set #2 are the 'anti-vibe' ones.

Speedy's risers bring the bars closer to you, while w/ the ROX I was able to set them DIRECTLY over the stock setting (NO pull-back!) on the anti-vibe ones. On the straight 2" rise ROX I can't quite get them vertical as they JUST 'foul' the top of the stock bar clamp, tho' they ARE pretty close to the same forward position. Check the pics of both set-ups.

Hope this helps you Jeff.

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have set of Speedy's risers too but I bought them to move the handle bars back so they fit better with the Givi windshield. It worked out pretty good and saved me from trimming the winshield. In my case the ROX style would have made things worse for the windshield.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
FastEddie, those Rox Speed Anti/Vibe Risers look....... industrial.

One thing I do like about them is that you can adjust your reach distance slightly without compromising the bar angle
(rotating the stock bar angle changes the clutch and brake lever angle as there is are alignment pins to lock position when mounting)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Just a thought for you TALL guys: (Speedy's stuff is great, and I have bits on both Vs, so this is NOT knocking him!) I am 5' 10", and because I stand on the 'pegs a lot while riding dirt, I wanted to raise my bars. I bought some ROX 2" risers from a member for the GREEN HORNET, and they help so much that I bought ANOTHER set for BIG RED in AZ, but set #2 are the 'anti-vibe' ones.

Speedy's risers bring the bars closer to you, while w/ the ROX I was able to set them DIRECTLY over the stock setting (NO pull-back!) on the anti-vibe ones. On the straight 2" rise ROX I can't quite get them vertical as they JUST 'foul' the top of the stock bar clamp, tho' they ARE pretty close to the same forward position. Check the pics of both set-ups.

Hey Fast Eddy

Do you find that those anti-vibe riser render the control sluggish ?

LOP

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Thanks Ed. I too like to ride standing from time to time. You know I have a set of the ROX 3.5" on my XR600 now that I could try out...:interesting: How are your cables/hoses with the 2"? I do like the ability to pivot my bars with the ROX risers.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
Hey Fast Eddy

Do you find that those anti-vibe riser render the control sluggish ?

LOP
Phil - MY experience is that, except for the raised position, I don't even notice they are there.

Thanks Ed. I too like to ride standing from time to time. You know I have a set of the ROX 3.5" on my XR600 now that I could try out...:interesting: How are your cables/hoses with the 2"? I do like the ability to pivot my bars with the ROX risers.
Jeff - no problems for me. All you can do is try them on your V and see how they work for you. IF they seem too short, you MIGHT get more 'room' if you disengaged your cables from that U shaped piece on the right side just behind the steering-head that holds them all in....
:goodluck:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad my post generated some useful discussion. To reiterate, my primary purpose in going with the Speedy anti-vibe risers was to improve my riding posture by bringing the bars closer to me. It has really made a great difference in my body posture and back position. That alone is reason enough, but the reduction in mirror vibration is really nice on the freeway, at night, in the rain, when it is damn hard enough to see someone coming up behind you without the mirrors vibrating badly. Now, things look as they should.

And I have the Givi windscreen as well, with OEM handguards, so I took my dremel to the windscreen to artfully carve a little curve out of them to have full stop to stop steering without pressing on the screen. The anti-vibe riser would reduce the need for this, but not eliminate it if you have your screen tilted back in line with the front forks, as I do.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm 6' 3" and have never felt the need for higher bars (apehangers anyone?!!)
I tilted my bars back very slightly to my comfort zone, but I would like to reduce mirror vibration. I have Tuono mirrors which are slightly better than stock, plus the extenders (to view more than my shoulders).
I'm toying with the idea of using some sort of rubber mount for the bars or, preferably, the mirrors. Not fond of "wobbly" bars. (I can get that from a night on the town.:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm 6' 3" and have never felt the need for higher bars (apehangers anyone?!!)
I tilted my bars back very slightly to my comfort zone, but I would like to reduce mirror vibration. I have Tuono mirrors which are slightly better than stock, plus the extenders (to view more than my shoulders).
I'm toying with the idea of using some sort of rubber mount for the bars or, preferably, the mirrors. Not fond of "wobbly" bars. (I can get that from a night on the town.:D

I am 6' 4" after a few hours of riding I feel some strain in my shoulders. I blame my (heavy-ish) jacket and the height of the bars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts