Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm doing the chain, sprockets, and brakes on my 2008. While installing the rear brake pads the anti rattle clip fell out and for the life of me I can't figure out how it goes back in. The manual drawing doesn't really show where it goes, it just shows the orientation of it. Does ANYBODY have a photo of how it goes in?
I would be very grateful.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
PDF Version 2-54 2-55

I looked up the PDF for the MK-1 , some photos are in section 2, it states that in section 12 .
It shows Install the anti-rattle spring [A] in the caliper as shown. Also section 12-4 exploded view. More detail in section 2-54 & 2-55

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I looked up the PDF for the MK-1 , some photos are in section 2, it states that in section 12 .
It shows Install the anti-rattle spring [A] in the caliper as shown. Also section 12-4 exploded view. More detail in section 2-54 & 2-55

From page 2-55 ... see attached pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks, guys. I think that photo shows the main spring, but there is another, smaller spring/clip in there. That's the one I can't figure out how and where it goes. This one:
That little clip, usually called brake pad retainer clip, is used to hold the brake pad tight onto the piston. This makes it easier to separate the pads in order to insert the brake disc between them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That little clip, usually called brake pad retainer clip, is used to hold the brake pad tight onto the piston. This makes it easier to separate the pads in order to insert the brake disc between them.
Oh! So... not crucial. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts