Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I went to Kawasaki showroom for some service issues, they showed a demo of Seelin TL which is a fluid pumped inside the tube. It seems if you have any puncture, I'll block the hole and you even need not repair it!

They bought one vehicle and punctured it with a nail. After a while, they removed the nail and rotated the wheel. They said the fluid had blocked the hole and there was no need of any puncture repair.

Has anybody used it? Any side-effects?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i use to use SLIME in all my ATV and mountain bike tires it would self seal a small puncture from a screw or nail or goathead(large thorned weeds that grew where i grew up, the killer of all bike tires)it could even seal a tube (most of the time), it wouldnt save you for any kind of large gash(like when you ride over a downed barbwire fence) or side wall puncture, but never used it in any street bikes, always just had an old school plug kit on me

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Today when I went to Kawasaki showroom for some service issues, they showed a demo of Seelin TL which is a fluid pumped inside the tube. It seems if you have any puncture, I'll block the hole and you even need not repair it!

They bought one vehicle and punctured it with a nail. After a while, they removed the nail and rotated the wheel. They said the fluid had blocked the hole and there was no need of any puncture repair.

Has anybody used it? Any side-effects?
I'm not familiar with Seelin, but I do use a product called Ride-On, and I'd highly recommend it. It ain't cheap, but in addition to the puncture insurance, it does a wonderful job of balancing the tires sans fixed weights.
Motorcycle Tire Sealant | Scooters Tire Sealant | Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I have used ride-on, but I would rather use TPMS to warn me of a leak.

With Ride-on, you have to inspect your tires constantly to see if you picked up some debris before it causes additional dammage, but at least you can do that in the safety of your hotel parking lot instead of applying a plug in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i use to use SLIME in all my ATV and mountain bike tires it would self seal a small puncture from a screw or nail or goathead(large thorned weeds that grew where i grew up, the killer of all bike tires)it could even seal a tube (most of the time), it wouldn't save you for any kind of large gash(like when you ride over a downed barbwire fence) or side wall puncture, but never used it in any street bikes, always just had an old school plug kit on me
Ditto to this. Used slime on the dirtbikes, but on the street bikes I just carry a plug kit and a small bicycle pump that would probably take forever and a day to pump the tire up with :)

I ride "Fat Bike" mountain bikes. The tires are as wide or wider than the V. I setup one tubeless a few months ago using something called "Stan's No Tube Tire Sealant". It's a silicone based sealant that works incredibly well on the bicycle tires.

One side-effect on the bike is, it does dry up eventually. So you have to add more every so often, and there's a little mess to deal with inside the rim. If the one the MC place is using is silicone based it may do the same thing. I would think if you added enough of it theoretically could effect wheel balancing too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts