Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put a Givi windshield on my wife's new (012) Versys, and I like it....

I have a 7Juric 17" one on my 09, and it's a barn door...Anyone have a side view pic of the Givi, on a 08-09, and if you have one how do you like it ?

Anybody have the powerbronze flip side view ? And how do you like it ? (i've already looked at the windshield thread)...

The 7juric in ok for cold weather, but not in the summer IMO

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
We put a Givi windshield on my wife's new (012) Versys, and I like it....

I have a 7Juric 17" one on my 09, and it's a barn door...Anyone have a side view pic of the Givi, on a 08-09, and if you have one how do you like it ?

Anybody have the powerbronze flip side view ? And how do you like it ? (i've already looked at the windshield thread)...

The 7juric in ok for cold weather, but not in the summer IMO

Thanks

Put a Givi on right after i got my bike.Then did the givi/stock windscreen set up. Then after busting that up in a wreck i went with the Tall Parabellum. Like it but i liked the givi set-up better.

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
Heres the Givi/Stock Set-Up....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Here's the PowerBronze flip screen.

But I've just switched back to the standard screen. :(
I'm 5'11" and wearing an Arai TourX, it introduced just too much vibration through the peak. It was fine up to around 60mph, but above that, I had slightly blurred vision. I did try it with a normal full face helmet and it was much better, so it's down to the TourX. I really prefer wear the TourX, so the stock screen is it for now.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes, high and low, it just didn't smooth away the peak vibration.

It's a pity that we end up spending quite a bit of £££ to find the perfect screen for our needs/height etc. I've a work mate who has a Versys with the (Kawasaki) vario screen and I'l either get a run on his bike or try it on my own to see how that works out. He also has had to go through a few screens so far, but it may be the case of never actually finding 'the one'.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I used a Givi on my '09 V for a cross-country ride last year. It is a significant improvement over the small stock windscreen...but I got really beat up in heavy wind going across South Dakota. When I got back I added a Laminar Lip which greatly improved the Givi's performance. http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc464/skyelark0039/LaminarLip.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where are you guys getting the shields from, I have the Kawi tall screen, but for longer interstate travel would like more protection. Interested in the Givi or adding the laminar to my tall kawi screen. I am 6 ft tall. Who is best supplier of aftermarket shield?

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here's the PowerBronze flip screen.

But I've just switched back to the standard screen. :(
I'm 5'11" and wearing an Arai TourX, it introduced just too much vibration through the peak. It was fine up to around 60mph, but above that, I had slightly blurred vision. I did try it with a normal full face helmet and it was much better, so it's down to the TourX. I really prefer wear the TourX, so the stock screen is it for now.

I was wondering where I can buy this windshield? Thanks! I really like the look of it. I want to get a better one than stock for my new 12 V and was really looking at the Givi offering. I like the look of the PowerBronze better.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
Blipco started a thread a few years ago about modding the windshield from a Yamaha scooter, the Majesty. Following his lead I've bought and modded two of them, for each of my Vs. Here are some pics.

The first pic shows the windshield after I cut various pieces off it, but put together to show what I did, and sort-of what it used to look like.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts