Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Kawasaki factory accessory tall windshield for 08-09 bikes? I like the looks but I'm not too sure it works any better than the stocker.

·
Registered
687 Posts
If I could make a suggestion: buy the Madstad bracket first. It gives you full adjustability of whatever screen you have mounted and pretty much cures the head buffeting issues. Then you can decide how much airflow you want: small screen, more air; big screen, less air. It'll never be a Wing but you can get it set up to be a pretty damn quiet ride. jmho

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Has anyone tried the Kawasaki factory accessory tall windshield for 08-09 bikes? I like the looks but I'm not too sure it works any better than the stocker.
I bought one used. It looks better for sure but really doesn't work any better. The adjustible bracket is probably the way to go. With such an upright seating position you're better off trying to smooth out the airflow rather than trying to eliminate it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I tried the larger screen, along with others. Finally settled on the medium screen from CalSci (for my 09 V), which works well for me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
CalSci screen

I was thinking of a CalSci screen. Not sure what size to get. I want good protection,I'm 5'8" My bike is a 2011.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I forgot about the adjustable bracket. My stocker isn't all that bad, but it just isn't as sexy as the other after market shields. I think I'm going to try the adjustable bracket and the factory tall shield together. If I wind up not liking the shield, I'll put them up for sale here and let someone else try it.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I'm using a Givi on my 2012. I get much less of a beating on the slab and it;s quieter to boot. I got it mainly to stop from getting plaster with bugs in the corn belt here.

I do like the look of the factory shield but the Givi's not to bad and it keeps the factory "Lines" and is clear do disappears to a large degree.

I either run it in the lowest set of mounting holes OR to full upper set I found the in most upright setting the buffeting will about slap me silly(er).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts