Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I never followed up on this thread, but I ended up with the Dunlop Road Smart 3 front and rear. I got pretty good deal on them since the 4 had just been released. I have been happy with them so far and have not had any issues. As I progress as a rider they are still holding well. I have managed to use the entire tire and they felt confident all the way trough.

·
Registered
09 v650, 00'r1150gs, 83' r80rt
254 Posts
My tires are Metzler neotechs. I think...
They run about same mileage as the Lazer techs do. So rear tire 4-6k miles. Front about 4-9k.
Not super cheap but they hook up good on pavement.
Otherwise the Michelin pilot 6 is a great tire. Also not cheap. Almost 2x what Metzler is. But hell of a good road tire.
I do t tend to say shinko. But kenda seems pretty decent as long as you can get some not made in China.

Have fun!

·
Registered
Vx300 14/43: Urban Assault Vehicle
664 Posts
My Vx300 is a commuter for me. Very happy with my Avon Trailriders. Despite the name, it’s more of a 90/10 tire. Excellent on wet pavement. I can scrape a peg with confidence while cornering dry. They fun on dirt roads too. Rear is radial, I run tubes in them. Tri-compound: harder center, softer sides, and another for the carcass. My local Triumph dealer distributes them, handles the mounting for me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I never followed up on this thread, but I ended up with the Dunlop Road Smart 3 front and rear. I got pretty good deal on them since the 4 had just been released. I have been happy with them so far and have not had any issues. As I progress as a rider they are still holding well. I have managed to use the entire tire and they felt confident all the way trough.
I've run the the heck out of few sets of these. They do seem to perform as new right up until the end. I do use all of the tire as very little riding takes place in the flat lands. Heading to CO on 22 May via MN for about six weeks of wonderful mountain riding.

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
I've run the the heck out of few sets of these.
I've ridden w/ Steve a few times - he MIGHT be UNDERSTATING in his post..!

;)

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've ridden w/ Steve a few times - he MIGHT be UNDERSTATING in his post..!

;)
Who me?

Hiya Ed. I was planning to come out to BC this year until gas got a bit crazy. We had planned on maybe hooking up with y'all in AZ in early Feb but our RV got rear ended on I-10 about an hour east of Quartzite. We lost fresh and black water capabilities. A real "crappy" day for the folks that ran into us while we were doing 60mph.

View attachment 187876 View attachment 187876

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts