Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beautiful Sunday morning ride through WMass and southern VT with Redline and his son. We were heading south on 112 out of Jacksonville, I was on the point several bike lengths ahead. The road forks and 112 goes left over a small bridge. I was leaned into the left. A cager coming the other way did not follow the right curve onto the bridge, crossed the center line and came straight for me. I was already on the bridge so there wasn't anywhere to go. Major adrenaline rush for your humble scribe. I hit the high beam and blasted the Stebel. The driver looked up and corrected hard right. With little room to spare we passed without contact. The lousy bastidge had his phone in two hands up at the top of the wheel and was texting.

·
Registered
774 Posts
They really need to force carriers to lock phones while a car is moving. I've had way to many close calls on the bike and car with people that are too busy talking/texting to drive. Got rear ended by a girl who was texting and my back still hurts two years later.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
They really need to force carriers to lock phones while a car is moving. I've had way to many close calls on the bike and car with people that are too busy talking/texting to drive. Got rear ended by a girl who was texting and my back still hurts two years later.

+1 Almost got rearended on the V at a red light. Guy texting on his cell phone.I got off the bike reached through his window and snapped his phone in half, stood there looking at him for a minute to see if he wanted things to continue. He didn't so i got on my bike and went my merry way.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
I like this guy.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts