Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired my 2016 Versys 1000 yesterday. Traded in my much-loved 2009 Vulcan 900 Full-Dress Classic due to back problems and the fact that the fully-dressed Vulcan weighed nearly 800 lbs, whereas the Versys is about 200 lbs lighter. The seat height is a bit of a problem at 33" (the Vulcan was 27"), but I m getting used to that - just have to swing the leg a little higher!

I almost felt that I made a mistake when I rode the Versys away from the dealership - the riding experience was TOTALLY different than that of the Vulcan, and the absolute POWER in the Versys truly scared me to death! I have been riding for 50 years and have owned about a dozen bikes. I have never ridden a bike that could lift the front tire in the first four gears! Getting used to that as well...

More to come.

Can't wait to explore the Forum!

Ken Ferguson

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome from Friendswood, TX
Randy

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome! I suspect after a 1k miles of seat time. You will not miss your Vulcan. But we will stay tuned for your longterm riding observations.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Howdy from Houston. Welcome!

There are lowering options for the bike. Me? I'm an inseam-gifted woman, who is on the balls of her feet at stops. If I lean slightly to one side, I can flatfoot one foot. So, after consideration, I decided against the lowering options and have changed my riding techniques in rush hour traffic. In short, I decided to learn to ride the bike I have. It all comes down to what you're most comfortable with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks - this information was not immediately evident when I signed up. I have been trying to post to the "Versys name" thread and have been denied permission. Guess I will just lurk and read...

Phergie1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After only a couple of days the Vulcan is starting to fade from memory... And my grandkids think the Versys is "way, way cooler" than the old Vulcan so I think I'll keep it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts