Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my buddy and I headed S for a fairly long ride, down AZ 79 to Oracle Junction, then NE on AZ 77 to Oracle, where there's an artist who makes "THINGS" from scrap, I SHOULD say makes "SCULPTURES" from scrap, and here's some pics of his 'yard'....

a Roman warrior...?

a monster...? (or several)

yard pets...?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He's also made a stage, so I assume they hold concerts sometimes.

All manner of 'eclectic' stuff too

including this bronze long-horn head.

And more 'robots'...

and more stuff

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From there we rode thru Oracle State Park to the E

via Mammoth, Winkelman, then the top of Kearny Pass where we stopped for lunch (just under 5,000' ASL).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ANOTHER stop in the Miami "antiques street"...

There was not even one cloud anywhere, so we rode up AZ 77 to AZ 70, then joined AZ 60 at Globe, then W to the antique street in Miami (I had told Bill that IF HE wanted to stop there to just get my attention, and we'd stop...:yeahsmile:...), but I saw that my FAVE antique store had their OPEN sign ON, so I stopped and waved Bill over. He was 'rolling' his eyes, but followed me in ANYWAY.

The place looks like a set for "American Pickers"...

Any of you remember "Elvira"? Here's a lamp featuring her.

Then MORE "American Pickers"...

There's an Indian motorcycle seat from a merry-go-round that's REALLY NEAT!

Chatting w/ the woman who runs the place, and she indicated that her store's ONLY open Fri, Sat and Sun which is why I hadn't been into it for awhile. THEN she mentioned that we shouldn't miss the next-door "soda jerk", so out the door (which had Pinochio)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a sode and a Medal of Honor recipient...!

The soda fountain was just as neat as the antique store. I ordered a sasparilla ice-cream float, Bill a coffee

then "hero-pics" in front of that antiques store

and when we finished we rode to the end of the street to read the Medal of Honor citation for a WW2 local soldier.

An INCREDIBLE series of acts of bravery! -:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb: - :usa:

We saddled-up, then continued W on 60, thru Superior, as well as the round-about way thru Queen Valley, crossed 60 and back onto AZ 79 S towards home.

GREAT way to spend 5 1/2 hours, adding 208 miles to our odometers!:eek:penarms:

>:)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts